Senior Editor - Eastleigh - £30,000 - Full time hours 9-5pm Monday to Friday- office based
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Editor to work for a not for profit organisation who are specialists in the wellness industry. You will be joining a small, supportive and friendly team who are all very passionate about what they do, so if you have an interest in the wellness industry this would be a huge advantage.
The Senior Editor will be instrumental in leading the team forward through the next phase of growth, so you must be up for a challenge.
* Developing the company's reputation by increasing awareness and understanding of its work among external audiences
* Building strong relationships with the media (print and broadcast), the public, the industry, stakeholders and professional bodies to deliver the their messages confidently and regularly, positively and accurately and so that they are of local and national interest
* To effectively manage key communication channels including the publications.
* Manage the effective day-to-day management of the Deputy Editor's activities and affairs
* Develop, implement and monitor the integrated external communications strategy ensuring optimum use of available resources
* To effectively develop, implement and monitor the media, PR and publications strategy
* Raising the companies local and national profile through the quality control and coordination of external communications ensuring optimum use of available resources
* To collaborate with the Marketing Team to ensure that marketing and communications functions are joined up and complementary
Essential skills and experience
* Degree level qualification or equivalent, preferably in a related subject
* At least 2 year's experience working as an Editor and ideally some management experience
* Proven and demonstrable experience of editing and producing publications
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.