About the role
The Corporate Digital Team (CDT) manage and develop the NHS Digital website. The website is central to the customer experience across the 400+ things NHS Digital does. The CDT are focused on the delivery of curated and orchestrated customer experiences. Together we’re configuring the digital experience platform (DXP) to achieve this.
As the digital experience manager, you will curate multiple customer experiences using the content managed in the DXP. You’ll ensure that the experiences are responding to the researched user needs. In this role you’ll be collaborating with other communications team members about; the visual design, language used for different audiences, navigation panes, and calls to action. You’ll also create storyboards and/or process flowcharts to aid the visualisation of the experiences for different stakeholders.
You will need to collaborate with a range of stakeholders listening to their requirements and eliciting their business needs alongside the user needs. You’ll work to drive up service usage and adoption, as well as elevating access to data and our showcasing our organisational insights to the relevant audiences in the relevant channels. You are also responsible for conducting tests to ensure the digital experiences are operational. Finally, you’ll analyse traffic and engagement patterns once the experiences are live on the website.
You’ll be a talented digital native, with a breadth of experience across marketing, content design, ecommerce or content management who is looking for your next opportunity. You’ll want to be part of a team that’s tackling one of the internet’s most fundamental problems: helping businesses create digital experiences that their customers value, no matter where, when, or how they are accessed.
We want to make sure that you are set for success, these are the key skills and experience that you will have:
- Highly developed understanding, of user-centred content design and formats and be able to ensure that content meets user needs and translates into coherent user journeys
- Highly developed knowledge of content accessibility and search engine optimisation
- Highly developed knowledge of entire content experience (i.e., multimedia, images) and how these can dovetail with written content to provide a seamless user experience
- Highly developed understanding of the role of content and best content development methods to make sure content meets user needs and website policies. An understanding of its impact on stakeholders
- Excellent technical knowledge of multimedia formats, image standards and visual theory
- Specialist knowledge of digital marketing techniques such as search marketing and display advertising, social and digital media trends, campaign planning, management, and evaluation
What's in it for you
- A role as part of a dynamic team using data and digital technology to transform health and care.
- A range of opportunities to build your experience in an environment where your
work has a direct and positive impact.
- A real commitment to your personal and professional development with access
to a broad range of learning opportunities.