* You would be working for the Service's Communications Department is responsible for internal and external communications including media relations, crisis and issues management, public awareness campaigns, public affairs, internal communications, management of the corporate identity, design and print of all printed and on-line communications, and management of the Trust's website, intranet and social media channels.
* You will contribute to the successful overall performance of the Service by providing communications support in stakeholder engagement - to support delivery of aspects of the communications strategy.
* You will primarily work on stakeholder engagement, but also across the wider communications team, drafting communications plans for projects and supporting colleagues in the media and campaigns team and internal communications team.
* You will participate in out-of-hours on-call rota for media calls outside normal working hours, briefing colleagues as appropriate. Responsibilities In the event of a major incident provide support across communications, as required by the Communications Department.
* Support the Delivery of the stakeholder management strategy, including: planning stakeholder engagement activities, providing targeted information to inform stakeholders of the Trusts work, using data effectively in communications and making use of other communication channels, including media and social media where appropriate.
* Respond to Parliamentary and London Assembly briefings ensuring high quality responses are delivered to deadline and that meet the needs of stakeholders
* Work with colleagues at various authorities and the wider organisation to provide comprehensive briefings on a range of topics.
* Monitor all appropriate Parliamentary activity in a timely way, sharing information and recommendations for action to ensure that senior managers are well informed
* Prepare briefing papers for the Chief Executive and other senior managers on high profile visitors such as MPs and members of the London Assembly
* To ensure the resilience of our communications function as an emergency service, the post-holder will need take part in the press desk rota. This will be infrequent but sufficient to retain the skills associated with running a press office in a major incident or at times of crisis.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.