Here at London Marathon Events we live our values: Excellence, Inspiration, Together, Integrity and Fun. We strive to demonstrate these values in everything we do and this is reflected through our successful event portfolio: The Vitality Big Half, Vitality Westminster Mile, Vitality London 10,000, RideLondon, Standard Chartered Great City Race and Children with Cancer UK Swim Serpentine – and, of course, the Virgin Money London Marathon. These events generate millions for charities to improve the lives of individuals in our hometown of London and across the UK.
As a team, we passionately believe in our vision of inspiring activity both through our events, our CSR programmes and for our staff and we see sport as a force for good. Diversity, inclusion and wellbeing are at the heart of our events and our work.
Every year, our trading surplus is passed to our parent charity, The London Marathon Charitable Trust, which shares our vision of inspiring activity and awards grants to projects across the UK that enable people of all ages and abilities to become and remain active.
So, if you’re ready to be a force for good, lead change and want to make a difference to society, keep reading.
We are looking to recruit a brilliant and passionate Head of Marketing at an exciting time for London Marathon Events.
This is a senior role in the Marketing and Communications department. The main focus of the role is to inspire our database of 1.7 million to be more active and to inspire new diverse audiences to take part in our events through marketing partnerships, through our digital channels and through customer acquisition.
The initial priority will be to work with our Digital Transformation team to create optimum systems and processes for our marketing, building on the work of our extensive digital transformation programme at an exciting time when we are creating new virtual events to add to our portfolio of mass events. You will work closely with our Director of Transformation, Head of Data and Head of Digital to build a best-in-class marketing platform and personalised customer journey.
You will have a pedigree in data-led performance marketing and will bring a strategic perspective to the marketing of all our events but you’ll also relish the opportunity of a hands-on role in a fast-paced environment.
You will work closely with our Head of Creative to develop marketing campaigns for all our events and you will manage our Content and Social teams.
You will also work closely with our Sponsorship team to create effective marketing partnerships with our commercial partners and, with our Head of Charities, you will work to recruit and engage participants for our charity partners.
We are passionate about making London Marathon Events a great place to work that’s diverse, fair and inclusive for our people. We do everything we can to help everyone be their best.
Reporting to: Marketing and Communications Director
- You will have full accountability and responsibility for the consumer marketing of all LME’s events (virtual and mass)
- Working with the Director of Transformation, you will determine the optimum platform and processes for LME’s marketing and develop a personalised customer journey across LME’s channels
- Working with the Head of Creative, you will develop marketing campaigns for each of our events and deliver targeted activity to fill our events more quickly with target participants
- You will deliver digital marketing across all our events utilising our database, supported by paid search and other tactics
- You will line manage the Content and Social Media teams and plan, direct and monitor digital/social media campaigns across our owned platforms
- You will utilise customer research and data insights, market conditions and competitor data to optimise marketing strategy and campaigns
- You will analyse, develop and maintain strategic partner relationships
- You will monitor and report on ROI and effectiveness of all marketing communications
- You will maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing campaigns and strategies
Essential skills and experience needed:
- Proven track record of creating, planning and delivering successful marketing campaigns, ideally recruiting participants/consumers in a sporting context
- Directly relevant experience in creating/managing email platform and personalisation journey
- Minimum of two years’ experience leading creative teams
- Vision, energy, great leadership qualities and the ability to drive change
- Ability to write briefs and work with creative teams to produce inclusive omni-channel campaigns that inspire people of all ages and abilities to enter our events
- A hands-on, proactive working style, with the ability to work at both the strategic and detailed operational level
- Data literate and with demonstrable success in using data analytics to inform marketing strategies.
- Creative and action-oriented, bringing a solution-focussed approach to your work.
- Collaborative and inclusive, able to work effectively with colleagues across the business to enable collective success.
- A passion for and understanding of the running, swimming and cycling mass participation market
What do we have on offer?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An opportunity to make a difference to society
- An incredibly rewarding job
- A company that you will be proud to work for
- Flexible ways of working
The other benefits
- 25 days holiday pro rata, plus bank holidays and a Christmas shutdown
- On site bike storage and showers on return to office working
- Wellbeing allowance
- Personal health insurance
- Excellent employer contributions into our pension scheme
- Professional membership fee reimbursement
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter containing your current salary details and reasons why you see this is the perfect role for you.
Recognised as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces and a top 20 Best Workplace for Women by Great Place to Work, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work.
This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential added value you’ll bring to London Marathon Events.
We strongly value diversity within our workforce, and recognise that different people bring different perspectives, lived experience, ideas and culture to the company. This difference brings with it great strengths, including diversity of thought and innovation.
We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re open to discussing flexible working options, provided we can balance your needs with those of our customers. We’ll do everything we can to support you during your application.
Please apply via the link. To discuss further, you can call the Inclusive Recruiting recruitment team on 0203 397 8333.