Lead UX Designer - 9 Month FTC - £39-£49k - Edinburgh - Financial Services - Hybrid working
Your new company
You will be working within the financial services industry in Edinburgh as their new Lead UX Designer.
Your new role
The ultimate purpose of the role is to lead and manage the user experience (UX) design for the organisations digital estate. You'll play a key role, leading a team of experts (and external resources) in the creation of UX that enable commercial digitisation of the business.
You'll also ensure that key journeys and changes in their UX layer is tested via the UX Researchers, refined and optimised. You'll be expected to utilise leadership, development and expert skills in the areas of innovation, ideation, concept design and visioning. This is a 'player manager' role where the job-holder will be required to perform key design tasks as well the managing and ensuring quality output of the team.
What you'll need to succeed
* Background in User Experience, Interaction Design & Service Design within Agile ways of working (required).
* Rapid User Experience Research (desirable).
* Proven record of using skill and knowledge to supply UX designs.
* Use of industry-standard prototyping and wire-framing software tools.
* 4+ years experience designing UX for digital products.
* Proven record of delivery within a business function.
* Working within a fast paced team with stretching deliverables.
* Passionate about user experience, branding and driving value for the customer.
* Pensions & savings experience.
* Strong balance of technical, marketing and user experience skills.
* Project management
* Change management experience
* Experience working cross functionally and matrix management
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. You will be offered a salary of between £39-£49k on a 9 month fixed term contract. The COVID-19 pandemic has meant that they have had to limit access to their offices. The majority of the colleagues are currently working remotely from home. Once it is safe to do so they look forward to welcoming everyone back and collaborating in new and exciting ways. This would include you, should your application be successful. So it is important that you live within a commutable distance to their office as they plan to have a hybrid model in the future - with colleagues splitting their time between office and home working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.