Organisation: NHS Trust
Day rate: £400 - £450 Outside IR35
Contract length: 6 - 9 months
Full time: Monday to Friday
Start date: ASAP
Location: Central London
Your new role
For this role you will deputise for the Director of Communications and Engagement, as well as overseeing the work of the full communications and engagement directorate (internal communications, volunteering, charity, external communications and partnerships) when he/she is on leave and at other times, as well as attending, as appropriate, the Trust Executive Committee and Trust Board.
This is a very senior and challenging communications role working within one of the country's best known NHS Trusts. The individual will need to be extremely confident, be able to manage multiple demands and keep a smile on their face. They must be skilled at running a busy communications team, politically savvy and have experience of managing change.
What you'll need to succeed
* Senior communications leadership experience in a public sector organisation.
* Significant, demonstrable and up-to-date experience of working in media and social media in a high-profile communications environment
* Ability to process highly complex and sensitive information and reframe this into messages and action that fits within the corporate narrative for the organisation.
* Experience and ability to present controversial information to potentially hostile audiences including journalists and politicians, and remain calm and persuasive
* Experience in line management and performance management of a team of staff and developing and motivating staff to deliver results and build teams
* Proven experience in leading, developing and delivering on strategic, business and communication plans.
* Experience of leading, developing and motivating a team to deliver results
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me on the details below. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking to a new position, feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.