Muc-Off was founded in 1994 and are now the leading supplier of specialist cycling cleaning and maintenance products in the UK. Following 5 years of explosive growth the company is expanding fast into the European, Asian and North American markets focusing on its core categories of cycling, motorcycle and Athlete performance products.
This is a great time to be part of this rapidly growing, truly innovative British business as we embark on new territories and sectors, whilst growing our brand presence across core bicycle and motorbike markets. In what is a truly results-driven culture; the rewards and career development opportunities are second to none.
About the role
As the business continues to grow at a fast pace there is now a need for a Marketing Executive who will report into the Global Head of Powersports Marketing at our Head Office in Poole, Dorset.
The Brand Executive - Road is responsible for identifying opportunities to build, deliver and optimise the marketing plan for the Road bicycle category. You will be joining a tight-knit marketing team charged with growing the Muc-Off brand across key channels and regions.
- Brief and collaborate with internal teams to create, launch and optimise both online and offline marketing activities
- Analyse and identify trends and internal consumer data to recommend growth opportunities to drive visibility and engagement with the Muc-Off brand across the road bicycle category
- Develop high quality compelling marketing materials for monthly campaigns, new product launches, and athlete/team sponsorships
- Liaise with PR/Comms, Creative and Content teams to develop best in class category localised communications
- Manage project timelines and track budgets
- Monitor and report on the performance of marketing activities and spend, identifying opportunities for optimisation and improved efficiency
- Maximise ROI of our sponsorship portfolio and event calendar
- Support in developing an ambassador/influencer programme
What we’re looking for
A hunger to own and drive an exciting agenda. This role is perfect for someone who likes to roll up their sleeves, race headfirst into challenges and have the intellectual curiosity to solve problems, create disruptive campaigns and operate at the very pinnacle of cycling.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, creating, and implementing best in class marketing campaigns that drive great business results.
We are looking for someone with a genuine passion for the road bicycle category, with drive to get stuck into projects to deliver great business results. The Brand Executive – Road role will also be responsible for Cyclocross, Gravel and Triathlon categories.
We are looking for a driven individual who thrives on exceeding expectations and loves the variety that a fast-paced lifestyle brand has to offer. Attitude is as important as experience and with an ability to create positive impacts on people, this role is a rare opportunity.
This role is rich in variety and so the ability to pivot at pace is key. As a performance enhancing business, we look for the same in our team.
- Degree-level educated
- 2+ years agency or client-side marketing experience
- Strong affinity with the road cycling arena
- Evidence of building strong relationships and positive impacts of people
- A positive ‘glass half full’ outlook
- Strong presentation skills and able to influence stakeholders positively
- Proven ability to work independently in a high pressure, fast growth environment
- Good IT skills, Outlook, Excel Word, PowerPoint, Adobe programs
- On occasion will be required to work unsocial hours/weekends
- A degree in Marketing and/or a CIM Diploma
- Excellence in project management and an eye for putting the right process in place to get the job done
- Evidence of working in a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment
- Full motorcycle license
What we can offer
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days holiday, inclusive of UK Bank Holidays
- Flexible Remote Working
- Early finish on a Fridays
- Excellent staff discount on Muc-Off products
- Headspace – full access to the meditation app
- Chill out areas, showers and a secure area to store your bike
- Pension contributions
- Training and personal development
- An awesome opportunity to work with a local and widely recognised Brand
- A cool, casual and fully branded-up working environment where staff indulge their passions for cycling and fitness
- Brilliant social events