Salary: £40,000 - £44,000
Contract Type: Permanent
Organisation: London Borough
Start date: ASAP
Full time: Monday to Friday
Your new role
Your role will be to provide press/media and communications advice and services to the borough's large remit of campaigns. A key part of the position will be to develop and maintain relationships with a network of external contacts to ensure effective communication of the council's strategies. Using your excellent communications skills, you will develop and implement a wide range of media strategies covering specialist areas of the councils policies and strategies. At times you will be required to support the wider communications team so having significant knowledge and experience within the communications function will be important.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience working as a Communications/Press/Media Officer for a public sector organisation
* Experience and a proven track record of success in providing media and public relations services in a busy press office, or as a qualified journalist.
* Experience of developing and delivering communications plans for a range of projects
* Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the media and experience of using media management techniques.
* Created relevant and accurate content for social media, intranets and websites
* Evidence of excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concisely and fluently.
* Experience building and maintaining strong, credible and meaningful relationships with assigned stakeholders
* A good understanding of the relationship between the media, council decision makers and the organisations key influential stakeholders.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary package of £40,000 - £44,000 per annum
Holidays: 30 days + bank holidays
Excellent pension scheme - 24.9% employer contribution
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me on the details below. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking to a new position, feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.