Salary: £37,000 - £41,000
Contract Type: Permanent
Organisation: London Borough
Start date: August/September
Full time: Monday to Friday
Your new role
For this role, you will oversee applications for park hire usage and develop, manage and deliver a comprehensive borough-wide outdoor events programme based in our award-winning parks. You will advise and coordinate on matters relating to the provision and development of outdoor events in the borough, maintaining close working relationships with a range of stakeholders and external partners, and developing new ones. This will involve you creating and outlining a marketing and communications plan to encourage event promotion and support income generation.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience working in events in the public sector
* Experience of organising, managing and delivering large complex outdoor public events as lead officer
* Experience of engaging with event organisers and promoters, including contract negotiations.
* Extensive experience of stakeholder engagement, communication and consultation
* Ability to establish positive working relationships and to work closely with councillors, council officers, external agencies, residents and community groups.
* Commercial awareness and business acumen sufficient to identify and secure new sources of income.
* Negotiation and influencing skills, able to effectively handle tension and conflict
* Excellent research, analysis and writing skills and be comfortable providing advice and challenge to more senior colleagues
* Politically aware, able to manage sensitivities in a professional and proactive manner
* A self-starter with the strong confidence to take ownership and responsibility for work and outcomes.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary package of £37,000 - £41,000 per annum
Holidays: 30 days + bank holidays
Excellent pension scheme - 24.9% employer contribution
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me on the details below. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking to a new position, feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.