About the role
We're on the hunt for a Senior Designer with skills and a love for multimedia. Our company, marketing team and creative team are growing fast, and the successful candidate in this role will play a major part across our brand building, content execution and tactical campaigns.
This role will report to the Creative Director, and will sit in the wider marketing team.
As a cross-platform Senior Designer you’ll be at home with visual design and will help expand the overall design capacity of the creative/marketing team, while helping to establish our approach to video, motion design, animation, audio output, podcasts/vodcasts and so on. You'll live and breathe design as well as established and emerging media.
You’ll want to get involved in the challenge of making it better, honing and transforming it wherever needed.
- Transform our ability to quickly respond to the need for engaging content design, motion design and audio content.
- Help establish a unique multimedia approach for Superscript that adds value to the brand.
- Plan and storyboard ideas and content
- Visual design and motion design; editing, animation, audio and visual
- Jump between multiple projects all in service of the same cause, representing Superscript in its best light to customers, employees and investors alike
- Contribute across our brand and web projects as well as multi-channel advertising campaigns (both targeted and awareness).
- Degree in a design discipline, or equivalent qualification
- 4 to 7 years of experience
- Experience working on multiple outputs for the same brand either in house or with a long standing client at an agency
- Confident using After effects, xd, illustrator, indesign, photoshop, figma
- Creativity and an eye for design in general: composition, scale, typography
- Understanding of accepted design principles and your own strong views
- Understanding of the role of trends and their relative usefulness in design work i.e. having a good instinct for when something is a valid context (a noticed behaviour) and on the other hand judging when something is a superficial trend and the following of which wouldn't add anything
- Understanding of when to work flexibility and explore, and when to say ‘this is what we should do’ and be able to say why
- An interest in writing, brand messaging, written communication to some level is a bonus!
In return, we offer you:
- A salary of £40,000-45,000 the opportunity to grow your career at the UK’s leading Insurtech brand
- An amazing team and founders, supportive board and investors
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality private health and dental insurance
- Great pension (up to 10% on top of your salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Latest Apple gear
- Fun, modern and informal office environment with regular team social events
- Central London location with the best lunch in town (Borough market!)