About the company
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere, we can make cities happier places to live. We want to increase people’s freedom, improve their health and reduce society’s impact on the environment. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our bikes have travelled far during that time, we now export over 75% of our production to 47 countries around the world. Our high-quality products, combined with the resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. In recent years we have invested in a new purpose-built factory, transformed our digital architecture, opened new flagship stores in major cities, had our biggest product launch to date and we’re not stopping there - the next 5 years presents an exciting trajectory, full of opportunities.
To change urban living for the better, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
The Brompton Events team is growing and so is the demand for our unique events, we need proactive, creative people who are ready to join us on this exciting journey. This role will take ownership of our B2C events, giving our customers a true Brompton Experience. Our customers are incredibly passionate and eager to get involved with our brand events and we want to harbor their enthusiasm & excitement.
Brompton World Championship
- Take leading role in the expansion of the Global Brompton World Championship race series. Working closely with the Events Manager to organise and execute multiple heats in our key markets across the world.
- Support in the recruitment of sponsors, act as an account manager to various suppliers / partners
- Be onsite for all events to manage logistics and to soak up the incredible vibe that our customers bring to the event.
- Help drive the evermore important Virtual element of the event, the Brompton World Challenge, making sure that our hero event is inclusive and accessible to our global audience.
- Brief relevant teams on the internal and external communications via global social media platforms, our own email campaigns, trade communications and staff intranet.
Brompton Events Toolkit
- Manage the launch and roll out of our brand-new Brompton events toolkit
- Driving engagement for the new event series from our global dealer network focusing on the 15 Brompton Junctions
- Support local markets and dealers to create experiential community events and give prospective customers an opportunity to try.
- Managing the day to day running of the toolkit and fielding all event request from our regional teams and dealer network
- Working with the Retail Team and Regional marketing teams to onboard and keep stores engaged.
Brompton Junction Events
- Supporting our ever-growing Brompton Junction network with toolkit events, community events & global marketing campaigns such as Campaign for Movement.
- Take a leading role in store openings, working with the internal Junction team and regional teams to engage the local community.
- Attend events and act as a brand ambassador, positively interacting with the Brompton audience.
- Be a leading role in the development and delivery of our expanding portfolio of engaging, impactful brand experiences.
- Support Senior Events Executive with product launch events.
- Support with our growing number of Purpose driven events which we alongside some amazing partners, foundations, grass roots organizations and charities
- Support the Marketing Manager for our Bike Hire scheme with event logistic when required.
What you will need:
- At least 3 years’ experience within marketing events either agency or in house
- Outstanding project management skills – you are organised and diligent
- Financially savvy with experience managing events budgets up to £50,000
- Experience in organising events attended by 30 people to 3000 people & multi-site events
- Organised events overseas and are familiar with shipping equipment globally
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks with varying timelines
- Experience working with in a Commercial environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and use your time efficiently
- Natural problem solver, lateral thinker and work well in pressurised situations
The successful candidate will also be:
- Creative, articulate, and proactive – we want to take our events to the next level, so bring your ideas
- Can be assertive when needed but also willing to adapt priorities or working style when unexpected changes arise
- Passionate, energetic, and enthusiastic – you’ll be representing the Brompton brand at our events.
- Excellent stakeholder management with the ability to subtlety influence situations.
- Full of initiative - you are ready to take the lead on projects and drive them forward.
- You are hands on and take pride in your work
- Brilliant with people – you love collaborating, are empathetic to others needs and able to build rapport with people at all levels
- Culturally aware and able to interface well with colleagues and visitors from around the world
- Able to thrive in a small-company and team environment that is fast paced, agile and not afraid to take risks
- Professional in both attitude and manner
- Willing and keen to ride Brompton bikes!
Please note this role may require working outside of normal office hours including potential occasional weekends. Time is provided in lieu for weekends or bank holidays worked.
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but
we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
- Position to thrive. Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
- Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Childcare Vouchers, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme to name just a few…..
- Birthday Breakfast, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, London to Brighton Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching