Here at Hydes we’ve created 2 new marketing roles to give our business additional focus across 2 of our categories. Ideally one role would cover our Town Locals and the other our Community Pubs and Tenancies.
Working closely with our Operations Managers, you would provide full marketing support across your assigned category. Both roles report directly to the Head of Marketing and work alongside our Digital Marketing Manager.
The roles are to be based from our Head Office in Media City and would involve some travel across the Hydes estate to visit sites in the category on a regular basis. We’re also open to some flexible working from home.
The positions come with a competitive salary plus a host of excellent benefits including a car allowance, above statutory pension, life assurance, cash healthplan and protected income cover as well as a really comprehensive employee assistance programme.
At Hydes we don’t just offer financial reward. Joining Hydes means that you’re going to be part of a customer orientated, passionate and talented team. We offer a supportive and rewarding environment, the opportunity to develop cross functional knowledge across the organisation and perhaps most importantly, the opportunity to really influence and shape our business.
Both roles have responsibility for :
- Providing bespoke marketing support and advice, sometimes at the pub itself.
- Developing, implementing and executing an annual activity plan.
- Delivering outstanding activation at point of purchase through POS and merchandising as well as other marketing tactics.
- Creating, implementing and managing a promotional calendar to build customer loyalty and footfall.
- Implementing and managing sports activation.
- Procuring and coordinating distribution of 3rd party merchandising and promotional support and POS.
- Auditing all implementation and evaluating the success of activities and proposing ideas for improvement.
- Full on marketing support for pub openings, for example after a refurbishment.
- Liaising with design agencies and printers to create agreed materials within budget.
- Coordinating changes to EPOS and associated platforms.
- Planning digital content with the Digital Marketing Manager.
The Community Pub and Tenancy focussed role also provides support to wholesale sales and develops literature to support own brands, building relationships with buyers and accessing sales leads.
The Successful Applicants would have:
- An appropriate qualification (CIM) or experience in this area
- Experience working in retail or hospitality
- A knowledge and foundation level understanding of graphic design, print management and Mac based software (i.e Adobe, Illustrator, Creative Suite InDesign, Quark suites) (Ideal but not essential for role)
- Some solid experience in Email Marketing and Social Media Strategies- although please note that digital marketing is not core to this role
- Advanced knowledge and use of Word and be able to use Excel Spreadsheets to an intermediate level including use of Pivot tables, and filtering.
- A good understanding of Outlook and Microsoft Teams
- Be super creative.
- Be customer and sales aware and like to research the market trends.
- Be someone who understands data easily and can spot trends and patterns, someone who gets the commercial picture quickly.
- Have a hands-on attitude with a natural curiosity to learn and understand how things work and a focus on sharing good practices towards continuous improvement. One day you could be printing and organising distribution of posters and glassware, the next you could be at a strategy meeting for your category, for example. The days will be very varied.
- Have exceptional listening and communication skills and be highly adept at planning with great organising abilities.
- Be engaging and have gravitas when putting forward ideas -you need to be credible.