Job Title: Commercial Director
Salary: £65,000- £75,000 per annum subject to experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing Date: 12th July
The Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) is the world's oldest public health organisation, with 170 years of history and a Royal Charter. We are currently developing our strategy and are at the beginning of an exciting time of change for the RSPH.
Our income is generated across a number of income streams including:
* Qualifications - we are an awarding body, working with over 600 Centres across the UK
* Our membership - over 6,000 members, with a quarter based outside the UK
* Our education products including journals, digital learning, conferences
* Corporate memberships
* Commissioned programmes in public health
Many of our income streams work across multiple markets, both B2B and B2C. RSPH is ideally placed to build on its current position including through new and exciting partnerships. This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to join a forward thinking organisation and help shape the future of public health.
You can find more details in our Annual Report on our Website.
There is substantial commercial potential at RSPH - the purpose of this role is to unlock it. You will be accountable for increasing both income and profitability across the charity.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Drive the development and implementation of the Business Plan including the charity's strategic commercial goals and objectives and identifying and prioritising opportunities to grow income.
* Develop our market, competitor customer and business insight and use this to support product and service development.
* As part of the Executive Management Team work with colleagues to develop innovative and practical ways to increase turnover and profitability supporting the impact we seek.
* Develop and lead strategic and tactical marketing for the whole organisation, supporting the marketing manager to develop and implement the marketing communications plan.
* Identify and build partnerships that bring us substantial routes to market.
* Contribute to the development of commercial skills, competencies and approaches across the organisation.
* You will have a proven track record in income growth preferably, but not essentially, within the not-for-profit sector.
* You will enjoy both the strategic and the tactical sides of marketing, enjoy analysis as much as creativity, understand customer service as much as promotion.
* You will have highly honed diplomatic and collaboration skills, with success in working in a senior matrix to achieve your aims.
* You will demonstrate an excellent understanding of the financial planning of a complex organisation.
* You will understand the responsibilities of a Director, and have developed leadership skills.
* You will have drive, resilience, ambition and will relish the challenge of an underdeveloped commercial landscape.
* Ideally, you will have had success in qualifications or membership, an understanding of corporate relationships with charities and an interest in public health. We know you are unlikely to bring all of this - so an ability to learn quickly is a requirement.
* Pension contributions
* 25 days annual leave
* Organisational commitment to supporting the health and wellbeing of our employees
* Flexible working hours and remote working opportunities
* Most importantly, the opportunity to change the world whilst working in a friendly team.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience of Sales Director, Marketing Director, Marketing Director, Sales Director Client Manager, Client Director, Sales Manager, General Manager, Director, Business Development Director, Finance Director, Senior Manager will also be considered for this role.