Research & Insights Manager
About the Role:
Visit Jersey is the strategic body for inbound tourism, responsible for marketing Jersey to grow the visitor economy. Our mission is to promote tourism to and within Jersey in an innovative, economic and efficient way, delivering on our vision of a vibrant sustainable tourism industry. We want to ignite a pride and passion for Jersey by reminding ourselves and the world just how special Jersey is as a place to reconnect and revitalise.
The Research & Insights Manager is Visit Jersey’s source for data, statistical information, market research, consumer insights, economic, industry and demographic trends to support marketing, destination development, governance and visitor experience efforts.
The role is responsible for gathering & sharing insights that can be used to inform and support decision making. It is also important to the wider trade and industry as reliable consumer and market insights are a critical enabler for the growth of Jersey’s product and service.
This role will -
- Bring the consumer and travel and tourism industry perspective to marketing decision making by executing market analysis and research activities to provide insights and recommendations.
- Manage external agencies for the execution of data collection and research projects.
- Identify ideal methodology and provide oversight on the data collection process and analytic work plan to ensure all available information is generated to support business needs.
- Leverage research data and information to proactively identify business opportunities and gain internal support to act upon these opportunities.
- Convey analysis and recommendations via presentations and written reports.
- Oversee data collection, analysis, and reporting of key performance indicators to produce monthly and seasonal reports, relating to the value of tourism.
- Provide in-depth performance analysis to support and evaluate effectiveness of campaign strategies and marketing programmes.
- Manage and maintain the major statistical tourism visitor surveys and databases.
- Identify patterns, gaps and opportunities arising from the analysis of tourism research.
- Act as a first point of call for answering statistical enquiries and requests from external stakeholders.
- Support the CEO with insight and trends to help inform strategic development.
- Derive insights through data collected via qualitative and quantitative research and produce reports, dashboards, whitepapers, infographics, talking points, etc. that effectively summarise, interpret, and visualize the research findings.
- Lead on Qualitative and Quantitative research and drive new initiatives in research.
- Be the ‘voice of the consumer’, regularly publishing useful insight updates and working in cross-functional teams across the business to shape actions arising from consumer insights.
- Utilise consumer segmentation and embed it as a tool across the business to shape a better customer focus and marketing approach.
- Work with the product and marketing teams on proposition development – supporting to evolve the brand proposition and new product.
- Mine category and brand data (social listening, primary research, syndicated data) to uncover insights that will drive business results.
- Update, retrieve, analyse and interpret raw data from spreadsheets, databases, and market research subscriptions.
- Prepare new and update existing facts sheets for specific market segments.
- Prepare presentation content for use at industry conferences, workshops, seminars on Tourism and the Visitor Economy.
Please note: the responsibilities listed are not exhaustive and you will be expected to undertake some different duties as may be assigned to you by the company from time to time. Visit Jersey employees are expected to be flexible in their work in order to deliver the objectives and requirements of the organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The ideal person is methodical, logical and can work autonomously, while also working daily as part of a team.
- You have a degree in Business, Tourism, Market Research, Statistics or related field.
- Demonstrated experience of analysis, interpretation and reporting of statistical data.
- High level knowledge of survey research methodologies, data analysis and reporting with the ability to prepare and present clear and concise analytical reports and presentations to various audiences.
- Familiar with the collection and analysis of a variety of quantitative and qualitative data from primary and secondary sources including surveys, open text feedback, raw data and analysis via Excel and online software.
- You possess strong analytical skills with the ability to leverage on data to develop strategy/decisions.
- You are familiar with putting together data from multiple sources to tell a story.
- You have strong knowledge of business visualisation tools such as Power BI and Tableau.
- You are a strategic thinker with good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in a research/ insight position – agency or client side.
- The ability to communicate with senior stakeholders
Personal Qualities and Behaviours:
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple projects at once, able to take initiative and provide advice and action with marketing issues.
- Strategic outlook with the ability to drive change where necessary and a can-do approach.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for actions and performance.
- Able to travel domestically and overseas, occasional evening and weekend work as needed.
Apply for Research & Insights Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly