Organisation: NHS Trust
Day rate: £230 - £250
Contract length: 6 - 9 months
Full time: Monday to Friday
Your new role
For this role you will manage and ensure the delivery of the NHS Trust's efforts to create, sustain and strengthen engagement with, and support for, the organisation's modernisation programme - a programme that will establish a new model for their operational estate. In this role this is achieved primarily through influence and profile gained amongst stakeholders including across the NHS and both London-wide and local politicians.
You will be a stakeholder and public affairs specialist who, reporting to the Director of strategy with a dotted line to the Head of External Communications, delivers pro-active and re-active stakeholder communications for the modernisation programme and will devise and lead on the communications plan to deliver communications that support the organisation's corporate objectives.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience of working in a communications role within the public or healthcare sector.
* Proven experience of developing, implementing and evaluating stakeholder communications strategies at a senior level in a complex organisation
* Understanding of media relations and internal communications and how these different communications aspects interrelate.
* Experience and ability to present controversial information to potentially hostile audiences including politicians and journalists, and remain calm and persuasive.
* Experience in line management and performance management of a team of staff and developing and motivating staff to deliver results and build teams.
* Excellent proven written communication skills, with significant experience of writing for a variety of audiences
* Experience of working in a politically sensitive and complex environment
* Experience of using a range of channels, including intranets and social media, to deliver communications plans
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me on the details below. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking to a new position, feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.