Senior Marketing Manager- NSB/Demand creation
Great that you're thinking about a career with BSI!
There are not many roles out there where you get to make a real difference in an organisation that itself makes a real difference in the world. This role in this organisation is one of those opportunities.
As the Senior Marketing Manager you will be responsible for marketing the activities BSI undertake in its role as the UK National Standards Body (NSB) and as a leading Standards Development Organization in the wider International Standards community.
You will be responsible for ensuring the market understands the true benefits standard bring to organisations and wider society. Your role will be wide and varied covering cutting edge areas that BSI are engaged with including, Net Zero, Smart Cities, CAV (connected and autonomous vehicles), Circular Economy, Sustainable Finance and many more. Standardisation touches every part of modern life and your role will be to tell this story.
This position is suitable for a detail orientated story teller with an adaptable style of communication. They will understand the hook and be able to identify the story in any subject, taking difficult subject matter, distilling it down and explain it in a simple and compelling way.
There are 5 main areas of responsibility for this role:
Evolution and execution of strategic business engagement campaigns evangelising and embedding the true value of standards into market perception Support the objectives of the NSB Policy Team in their engagement work with government, education and business and industry.
To support the committee member acquisition and retention work that needs to take place to ensure our committees are diverse and inclusive. Evolutions and execution of demand creation campaigns supporting sector strategic goals and focusing position the NSB and Standards as a solution to key sector challenges Support the marketing activities of the Services area (Standards Consultancy) area through management of the Services Marketing Manager
As the main point of contact for all marketing activities relating to NSB engagement you will take on responsibility for liaising across all internal teams to deliver projects to the highest standard. As such you will need to have excellent stakeholder management skills and be able to communicate across various business units and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Evolve and implement the marketing strategy to increase awareness and the understanding of the value of standards, driving demand in key audiences segments business (SME & Corporate), Media and Government.
- Support Government Engagement Strategy
- Support communication of major strategic standardization project carried out by BSI Knowledge Solutions
- Develop and execute strategic marketing campaigns to support Knowledge Solutions sector strategies. Facilitating demand creation and support the delivery of sector goals across key sectors of: Healthcare and medical devices, Built Environment, Energy, Digital, Food, Automotive and Mobility, ESG and Manufacturing.
- Develop and execute the annual NSB engagement marketing plan in agreement with the Standards Policy team.
- Evolve and execute genuine sector led thought leadership content to support sector goals
- The successful candidate will have good experience for creating goal oriented strategic marketing campaigns and have genuine experience of demand creation being able to demonstrate how they have understood and changed perceptions in the markets.
- As a key member of the Knowledge Solutions Sales and Marketing team, you will work with the Senior Marketing Managers for Subscriptions and Ecommerce, to ensure campaigns positioning standards at the top of the sales funnel are translated through product marketing campaigns into commercial outcomes
- Strong B2B marketing experience ideally with large scale campaign experience
- Have proven experience of testing and driving innovative new marketing ideas and approaches
- Possess strong content marketing and copywriting skills with the ability to understand the hook and be able to identify the story in any subject, taking difficult subject matter, distilling it down and explain it in a simple and compelling way
- Sound knowledge of digital marketing techniques
- Perfectionist with excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Creation and framing of strategic marketing plans
- Great line management experience
- An understanding of the standards and standardization industry is advantage (not necessity)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Pardot and other marketing systems an advantage
- Demonstrable experience of changing perceptions in a market
- Great stakeholder management with ability to develop and maintain excellent personal relationships with other internal businesses and external suppliers.
- Great presentation skill with ability to carry a room at board level
- Understand the legal aspects of marketing from Data Protection, Trade Descriptions to Distance Selling.
- Understand return on investment, cost and revenue figures, and their implications for the bottom line of the business.
- Experiences of audience creation through social media and other drivers
Our Excellence Behaviours: Client-centric, Agile, Collaborative. These three behaviours represent how we do things at BSI. They help us ensure that BSI is a great place to work and a highly successful business.
To protect our candidates and BSI employees during the Covid-19 outbreak, all interviews will take place remotely.