Content Marketing Manager
QS is a global leader in higher education services. We are the data analytics, performance insight provider and intelligence partner supporting university excellence across the world. Our student recruitment and enrolment solutions enable universities and business schools to connect with talented individuals that are seeking to further their academic progress and career development. Our portfolio of professional services includes consultancy, student mobility and academic partnerships management, and branding solutions.
We publish highly visible and influential rankings of international universities, including the QS World University Rankings® which reaches a global audience of hundreds of millions of people.
QS keeps growing organically, through acquisition and by recruiting top talent across key regions.
Are you passionate about content? A great storyteller, with a desire to change minds? A proven content marketer with an interest in data stories and higher education? If you’ve said yes to all three, you could be our next Content Marketing Manager.
We’re looking for a seasoned Content Marketer with strong content writing and digital experience to join our global Marketing team.
Working as a key leader in our central Content team, you will be responsible to strategise and manage our content marketing efforts to amplify our brand awareness, lead generation, lead nurture and pipeline acceleration. Your high quality content will target higher education institutions through compelling blog posts, white papers, webinars, guides and effective sales collateral and additional channels.
You’ll set clear goals to increase our web traffic, content downloads and registrations, build a stronger brand identity in key markets and build stronger engagement with our readers – we work with more than 2,000 of the world’s leading higher education institutions and more than 12,000 employers.
Collaborating between key teams will be essential, including the wider Content team, design team, social media team, acquisitions & engagements team, student editorial team, data teams and more.
As a key leader of the Content team, this role is responsible to line manage the Content Writer and Researcher and will report into the Head of Content Strategy.
*This role is open to remote working, based in the UK
Key responsibilities include:
- Content research and planning, focused on higher education industry trends, emerging topics and client pain points Carry out our content plan for key audiences of higher education institutions, universities, business schools, government bodies and clients Work with key stakeholders across the global organisation to leverage internal data and expertise for the purposes of content creation Work with the wider marketing team to develop promotion strategies for content pieces and support the sales team with content for current and prospective clients Analysis of content performance in terms of brand awareness, engagement and new leads acquired
- Line manager to the Content Writer and Researcher Content development, including:
- Website copy Blog articles Sales assets
- White papers and reports Webinars Company announcements Award/event submissions Proposal content (as assigned)
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of B2B content marketing best practices Demonstrated experience of developing and measuring the performance of content assets across multiple channels Excellent written English with experience of writing B2B content for lead generation, nurture and sales Ability to research and gather complex data and insights from a variety of sources and distil it into clear and compelling content that resonates with audience segments in the higher ed sector
- Understand information design and how to effectively and clearly present complex data and other information in a digestible and compelling manner Understand Search Engine Optimization and be able to incorporate SEO strategy into content development Ability to work across the organisation including with senior leaders, product managers, and data professionals Excellent written and verbal communication skills Ability to execute independently, yet also collaborate well with others on the team
- Very organised and deadline driven with a collaborative and positive attitude
Experience & Education required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, media, marketing, communications, journalism or similar field required A minimum of 3 years working in a similar content marketing role Management experience is desirable Experience within the higher education sector is highly advantageous but not essential Experience with CRM preferred Experience with WordPress CMS preferred
A few things that make QS a great place to work include:
- Competitive package.
- Flexible working.
- Vibrant social environment and multicultural, multinational culture, strong team spirit.
- Focus on welfare – ride to work scheme, global wellness team, Calm app, EAP and health plan, mental health first aiders, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Strong recognition and reward programs – peer recognition platform, quarterly and annual awards, annual bonus scheme.
- Support for volunteering and study leave.