Head of Social Media
Join us and transform global access to learning, to build a brighter future. 2020 has been a revolutionary year; one where social media became a powerful resource for people all over the world to begin millions of meaningful journeys towards a more educated and empowered version of themselves.
In this role you will create, own and deliver the vision for social media at FutureLearn; as Head of Social Media, you will form part of the senior leadership team within the Brand Directorate which also includes Brand, Creative, PR and Partnership Marketing and have a dotted line into the Performance Director. You will work with the teams across these disciplines to drive a paid, owned, earned and shared social plan that drives acquisition and engagement. You will work closely with the Brand Marketing Lead, agencies and internal creative teams to continually evolve our social platforms, increasing our relevance to new audiences. You will work closely with our data and insight teams to develop a deep understanding of FL’s most valuable learners and translate that into a strategy that delivers frictionless social pathways to learning and virtuous advocacy loops within learner and external communities
Role within FutureLearn’s Mission:
Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible. FutureLearn was founded 8 years ago by the Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to translate cultural and skills gaps to meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to scale it’s marketplace, providing a wealth of options for professional learners, increased flexibility and an exciting combination of partners from Higher Education, Industry and Government.
As Head of Social Media you will drive the growth of our learner and partner facing brand across paid, owned and earned and shared social opportunities. You play a key role in our rapidly expanding marketing team, role modelling exceptional executional standards, collaboration, drive and target driven culture. Growing our social platforms and communities alongside engagement/recommendation to become the leading, culturally relevant social learning platform broadening access to high quality learning.
- 8+ years social media and leadership experience; in house experience preferably within tech/culture/entertainment/learning brand
- Proven track record in implementing and developing full funnel social strategy
- Dynamic, creative and driven individual
- Expertise across a variety of platforms, especially Facebook, Youtube, Linkedin, IG, Twitter, Tik Tok and review sites
- Detailed understanding of social and content analytics tools; including the technical and data landscape of social platforms (impact of algorithm changes, pixels etc)
- Enterprise and global experience scaling teams
- Experience targeting organic, nano and paid influencer networks
- Experience building up organic social networks past the plateau point
- Growth-hacking mindset, always looking to learn and improve
- Comfortable with best in class risk-management and guidance for community managers to de-escalate conversation
- At home in the backend; comfortable with community management, campaign manager or jumping on tactical opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working for all
- 28 days of Annual Leave plus UK Public Holidays
- Roll over up to 5 days Holiday
- Buy and Sell up to 5 days Holiday
- Personal ‘recharge’ days, no questions asked
- Personal budget for development and training
- 18 weeks of FutureLearn Maternity Pay and Adoption Pay (at your full basic pay)
- 6 weeks of FutureLearn Paternity Pay (at your full basic pay)
- Sabbatical Leave (up to 3 months of unpaid leave after 3 years)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charity work – 1 day dedicated to a charity of your choice
- Free upgraded access on any FutureLearn short course and course fee waiver for Open University
At the moment, all FutureLearners work from home. When it is safe to go back into office, the working environment will be stimulating and fun, with lots of opportunities to collaborate, enjoy healthy snacks, good coffee and work out in the gym.
Once the office is open again this role will be a full time, office based role with a lot of flexibility to work remotely. We are still keen to meet you even if you are not London based. All interviews will be held online, via Zoom. Please let us know if you need any special arrangements for your interviews.
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now jointly owned by The Open University and The SEEK Group. FutureLearn has over 10 million people signed up worldwide. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible short online courses, microcredentials, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives. It partners with over a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and Health Education England (HEE). It’s also involved in government-backed initiatives to address skills gaps such as The Institute of Coding and the National Centre for Computing Education
DIVERSITY IS CORE TO FUTURELEARN
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability. COVID-19
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.
Apply for Head of Social Media
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly