Digital Marketing Executive (Full-Time / Permanent)
The Digital Marketing Executive will be responsible for supporting the Zoos Marketing Manager with implementation of marketing and communications strategy and campaigns for our two Zoos, with a particular focus on digital comms output and analytics to assess performance and inform data-driven decision-making. This will include digital support for ZSL’s commercial events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting (and in some cases taking the lead on) delivery of consumer marketing campaigns for day visits and events at both zoos, including media planning, creative development, stakeholder management and reporting.
- Day-to-day management of digital comms channels including:
- ZSL’s Google Grant account
- PPC campaigns including briefing, copywriting, performance analysis and optimisation, working closely with ZSL’s external media agency.
- Paid social advertising – set-up, optimisation, tracking & reporting.
- Updates to event listings and other content on ZSL’s website.
- Copywriting and/or editing for digital channels.
- Support Digital Marketing colleagues with tagging/tracking and Google Analytics reporting.
- Support ticket setup with the IT department and co-ordinate ticket tracking for commercial events.
- Project management to ensure that deadlines are hit, creative and copywriting are proofed, reporting and billing are accurate and timely, and co-ordination between ZSL and agencies/other partners is efficient at all times.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, particularly ZSL’s digital marketing, CRM, digital content and IT teams, and external agencies.
- Deliver ad hoc projects including competitor analysis which feed in to the Head of Marketing and Marketing Manager’s strategic planning.
- Provide effective marketing-related administrative support to the wider marketing team.
- Alongside other marketing colleagues, act as brand guardian for ZSL London and Whipsnade Zoos, providing support for colleagues and partners where necessary.
The post holder will need to be an enthusiastic and confident individual who is passionate about marketing and communications and able to identify new opportunities and bring new ideas to the team.
They will need to be professional in approach and be able to confidentially articulate ideas, including communicating digital-specific concepts to non-experts. They should be comfortable meeting new people. A creative thinker would be beneficial and certainly the ability to be able to critically review campaign plans and creative.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience of marketing and project management. Formal digital marketing qualification advantageous.
- Experience planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting on multi-channel campaigns. This should include offline and online media channels but with a specific focus on:
- Paid social (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- Digital display
- Google Analytics
- Email marketing
- Experience of copywriting for SEO optimised web and other digital channels would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience developing creative and working with spreadsheets is essential, as is a good level of numeracy.
- Up-to-date knowledge of digital marketing practice.
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics and other tracking tools.
- Knowledge of commercial marketing disciplines.
- Knowledge of visitor attractions (e.g. museums, galleries, heritage and leisure sites) advantageous.
- Knowledge of project management principles.
Skills & Abilities
- A strong level of numeracy and literacy is required.
- Financial awareness and comfortable analysing and reporting figures.
- An ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams as a representative of the marketing team and effectively communicate with different stakeholders.
- The role will need to work autonomously and the post holder should be able to be self-motivated and driven.
- Experience in managing the creative process including amends, feedback, copy and design quality checking and approvals process.
- Advanced skills in using MS office packages, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
Please note: This is a full-time, permanent position. It’s anticipated that this role will be home-based until at least May 2021, with periodic team meetings at either London Zoo or Whipsnade Zoo. Thereafter the job is expected to be office-based in London as part of the central Marketing Team. There may be occasional travel to Whipsnade, meetings (e.g. visits to external agencies) or events in London or the wider UK. You may also be required to work occasional evenings and weekends which can be taken back in lieu.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 13th December 2020.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.