Internal Communication Adviser – Change and Transformation
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK. We work with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement.
We have a fantastic office located in the heart of Brighton that is a short distance from the train station, shops and the sea.
We put our 700+ employees first by supporting flexible working and offering a diverse, lively and inclusive environment. This includes LGBT+ Network (PROUD), Women’s Network, BAME Network (ME), and a Disability Network, which offer supportive spaces to connect.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work. We do all we can to support our people reach their full potential with training, secondment and development opportunities.
The lease on our office building expires in July 2023, at which point we will either remain in Napier House, or move elsewhere in Brighton or the surrounding area. The Accommodation Strategy Programme has been set up to consider how and where we will work in the future, including decisions on physical space and environment, different new ways of working, diversity and inclusion and supporting cultural change.
We’re looking for an experienced change comms professional to join our Accommodation Strategy programme. As Comms lead on the programme, you will, with support from the Internal Comms Manager and the wider programme team, lead on developing the comms strategy, planning, content creation, and design and coordination of engagement activities, as well as supporting business change activities and maintaining programme documentation.
Work with the IC Manager to set the comms strategy for the programme and take the lead on detailed planning, delivery and evaluation.
Collaborate with the programme team, HR and Business Change colleagues, and employee representatives and networks to make sure all our comms and engagement activities are impactful, inclusive and joined-up to effectively support our people through change.
Create content for a range of channels and products (including email, intranet, virtual events, podcast, video) and plan and oversee engagement events and opportunities.
- Use available insight to identify and understand different audience segments and their needs and develop plans and tailor activities accordingly
- Represent IC at programme meetings and present ideas to senior colleagues
- Ensure all internal communications and content are consistent with TPR’s overarching narrative, tone, messaging, style and visual identity.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Excellent communication skills: in particular, the ability to influence and engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels, and great writing skills with the ability to translate complex ideas and information into clear, creative and engaging content.
- Substantial experience working in similar roles on projects and/or programmes in a large organisation, preferably within the public sector.
- Understanding of internal comms best practice, employee engagement and behaviour change and experience of working on behaviour/culture change campaigns and initiatives to sensitively support employees through change and transformation.
- Experience of creating content across a range of different products and channels aimed at different audiences and managing the end to end process from concept to publication.
- Familiar with working in a project/programme environment, stakeholder management and working closely with business analysts and SMEs to develop effective comms and engagement plans.
- CIPR or IOIC internal communication qualification
- Familiar with the ADKAR change management framework
- Proactive and flexible
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
- Negotiating skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Personable and a team player
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary between £30,158 and £40,033, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton.
How to apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com along with a covering letter, quoting ref 90073 with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria and details of your notice period.
We are an inclusive employer and offer equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.