As one of the world's top 100 licensors, award-winning The Smiley Company works with over 460 licensees and best-of-class retailer partners globally, to launch the iconic Smiley and Newmoji brands across fashion, home and entertainment sectors. We are a collective of fun-loving people with a passion for creating and storytelling. As part of our commitment to diversity, we cultivate a workplace of learning and inclusiveness. For nearly 50 years, Smiley has shaped the way sharing optimism and happiness, expressing itself through iconic and creative products. With a commitment to create a happier, more equal and sustainable world, The Smiley Company also funds philanthropic non-profits the Smiley Movement, a matchmaker for good, and the Charity Film Awards, the World's biggest campaign for charity and caused-based films, driving donations, views, media coverage and celebrity engagement. Today, Smiley has become more than just an icon, a brand and a lifestyle, reminding people just how powerful a smile can be.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Marketing Department is a central hub of the Smiley business and has both a trade and consumer facing function. We are a small-dedicated team doing big things - positivity, agility and adaptability are critical for this fast-paced role. The newly created position of Head of Marketing will lead the marketing strategy and own the messaging for The Smiley Company’s core business as well as its non-profit arms: Smiley Movement and the Charity Film Awards.
Strategy & Vision
- Create the vision for bringing happiness and positivity to the world through our brands and non-profit arms through a strategic analysis of the business aimed at growing our business with trade partners and consumers, and creating the right image to generate increased sales.
- Create and implement an annual measurable marketing trade and consumer marketing strategy, communications plan, and PR strategy that will enhance our image and position within the marketplace and the general public. Oversee and manage the businesses annual marketing budget & strategy
- Ensure the Smiley philosophy, mission, vision and brand image are pertinent and practiced throughout the organisation, both internally and with external partners.
- Liaise with senior management team to deliver the marketing elements of the agreed strategy
- Structure, manage and develop a marketing team to meet the needs of the business.
- Managing a team of 10 across 3 divisions, the candidate will have strong management skills and strategic acumen, able to juggle multiple workstreams and priorities, and getting the most out of a varied team.
- Management of 3rd party agencies and their reporting processes
Surveys and analytics
- Information is power. Getting the right information on how our brands are perceived by consumers will ensure our teams are maximising their efforts and building the best campaigns and creating the best products for our audience.
- Lead designers in creating and maintaining brand guidelines for all Smiley brands.
- Refresh brand guidelines and logo tool kits as required
- PR & Events (B2B and B2C): Manage agencies and communication in support of brand activity, including our 50th Anniversary in 2022
- Ad Campaigns in support of our 50th Anniversary in 2022
- Smiley news (print, video).
- Creation of brand collateral including brochures, marketing calendar, territory overviews, brand infographics, etc.
- Management of Smiley Licensee Summit (2x year)
- Manage Trade Show presence including stand builds and event management (Virtual or physical as allowed by circumstances)
- Industry Award Submissions (LIMA, Licensing Awards UK, Kazachok, etc)
- Trade Advertising
- Trade PR
- Biannual Partner Newsletters
- Weekly eCRM Updates
- Creation and ideation of trade keynote presentations
- Websites: Management of websites for The Smiley Company, Smiley Movement, Newmoji & The Smileys
- Social Media: Strategy & Execution
- Content: Creation of digital content to feed social channels
- Agency experience and skill managing multiple accounts at once.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to get results
* Post Covid, can work in an office based in London
Apply for Marketing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly