This is a great opportunity for a junior marketer to join the team in the role of Marketing Assistant. You will pro-actively contribute to inspiring new generations of children to love Roald Dahl’s inventive and mischievous characters and stories, as well as having input on a huge range of projects including digital plans, in-store signage, film, TV and publishing marketing, and new product launches.
This role will be ideal for a junior marketer with 1-2 years of experience within client or agency side who is looking for their next challenge. They must be passionate about building brands and storytelling in all its forms.
You’ll be responsible for
- Working in a small but growing multi-disciplinary Marketing team, providing support to the team across the brand’s Marketing, PR, Digital and Retail activations both in the UK and across key international markets
- Supporting on the production and co-ordination of the marketing and promotional materials linked to the brand and its key partners, spanning publishing, theatre, TV, film and licensing
- Supporting on the development and implementation of in year brand platforms including roll out to key international markets
- Supporting on content and copy production for the Senior Marketing Manager, Junior Marketing Manager and Junior Digital Manager
- Supporting the Junior Digital Manager on creation of brand digital and social assets
- Working with the Junior Marketing Manager on creation of lesson plans and other educationally focused assets
- Conducting ad-hoc research, data analysis and presentation support
- Managing asset banks and key contact for deploying assets to partners
- Writing and proof reading creative copy
- Providing general team admin such as meeting set up support and minute taking for the marketing team
- Such other duties and responsibilities as we may notify you of from time to time
Your skills and experience
The successful candidate for the role of Marketing Assistant will:
- Have 1 to 2 years’ experience of working in a Marketing role, either client or agency side, for a consumer brand or a very strong interest in developing a career in Brand Marketing
- Be a focused and self-motivated individual with creative flair, a proactive attitude and an excellent attention to detail
- Hold good organisational and planning skills with ability to prioritise
- Have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Have a passion for bringing best in class campaigns to market
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be a Roald Dahl brand fan, with an understanding and enthusiasm for Roald Dahl’s iconic stories and characters
- Be IT literate – Keynote and Adobe Suite in particular
- Contract: 6-month fixed-term contract (with a potential for a permanent position for the right candidate)
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9.30 to 17.30 (we are working remotely as a temporary measure and will return to the office as soon as practicably possible)
- Start date: ASAP
- Application closing date: End of Sunday 11 April 2021
Why join us?
We really care for our team – from four instructor led weekly exercise classes (yoga and HIIT) to rolling out flexi-time to further encourage a positive work/life balance for all. We’ve also put a lot of thought into creating the perfect office environment and culture for everyone to enjoy, including a kitchen stocked with an assortment of refreshments, and an on-site shower complete with towels and toiletries.
The Marketing Assistant will also benefit from our workplace pension scheme, 28 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays (prorated) and company social events.
Love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda and The BFG? How about some of Dahl’s darker tales for adults? So do we!
At The Roald Dahl Story Company, we have big ambitions to turn the world’s favourite stories into the best films, tv, and innovative publishing content in the market – and with a set of partners ranging from Netflix and Disney to Penguin Random House and The Royal Shakespeare Company - we’re well on the way. Far from a traditional literary estate – the company is a collection of creative, brand building and commercial brains from a range of backgrounds aiming to deliver the best, and most innovative Roald Dahl inspired products and experiences to the market.
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a covering letter that responds to these questions:
- How does your skill set and experience match what we are looking for?
- What appeals to you about the Roald Dahl brand?
to our HR team at email@example.com before Monday 12 April 2021.
The Roald Dahl Story Company is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We kindly ask for applicants to complete our equal opportunities monitoring questionnaire as part of their application:
The information that you provide will not be used to influence our recruitment decisions. Please notify us if you require any adjustments in order for you to be able to complete the application and/or interview process.
Take a look at our privacy notice for details regarding how your personal data will be handled for the purpose of recruitment and selection.