Marketing Manager (Vets)
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Mole Valley Farmers is committed to delivering service excellence across our business, and every employee has a part to play in enabling us to achieve this. The tasks below detail the main day to day activities that you will be responsible for.
General Description of the Position
As a Regional Marketing Manager, you will work closely with and report to the Head of Marketing and will be responsible for implementing and executing a wide range of marketing activity across the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Head of Marketing, Veterinary Director, and other colleagues across the business to define detailed marketing briefs that accurately support the business objectives.
- Taking responsibility for delivering the detailed marketing briefs which accurately support the veterinary business objectives.
- Coordinating the delivery of National marketing campaigns using a wide range of channels, including but not limited to; direct mail, radio, press, online, in-store, PR, in-house publications, social media.
- Ensure on time, on budget delivery for the veterinary marketing plans, including campaign execution and post campaign analysis.
- Planning and be responsible for the delivery of printed materials such as offer leaflets, in-store literature
- Supporting and coordinating campaigns for the retail stores/regions you hold responsibility for.
- Working with the team to achieve day to day targets and deadlines.
- Working with external suppliers where required.
- Relevant Marketing qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of three year’s experience in a previous similar role or in the marketing or creative industries
- Previous strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects at all stages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Educated to GCSE level (Grade C) or equivalent
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- A flexible and adaptable approach and willingness to learn new skills
- Effective communication skills across functions and hierarchy
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrate knowledge of marketing plan construction and management
- Delivery of a wide range of marketing activity on a range of channels
- Experience of measuring return on marketing investment
- Degree / Higher level education in marketing or qualification with a marketing module
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience of team leading and line management
- Targeting and segmentation of data
- A sound understanding of agriculture through practical experience and/or education
- Mole Valley Farmers range categories, products and services
- Experience in the retail environment with knowledge of retail procedures
- Brand management
- Experience in the retail industry
- Use and maintenance of a CRM
Behaviors for the role and in line with the Mole Way
- Put Customers First – being approachable, respectful, and friendly. Providing an unparalleled customer experience. Placing the customer at the heart of the business process.
- Be Honest – being genuine, fair, and trustworthy. Operating professionally whilst communicating openly in a positive manner. Face challenges and issues but driving change and building sustainable relationships.
- Show Commitment – being attentive, supportive, and loyal. Working to achieve results and sharing clear directions and goals. Collaborating with teams within the business to embrace change to achieve results.
- Be knowledgeable – being informed, dedicated and authoritative. Recognising that the development of capability drives business success. Takes action to establish a high-performance, engagement culture within the organization.
- Be courageous – being challenging, passionate and creative. Being innovative and creative and delivers on commitments, uses flair and passion to drive change.
- Offer solutions – being innovative, informed, and progressive. Understands how their activities fit with business plans and analyses what is required to deliver effective outcomes. achieves high quality outcomes in appropriate timescales and identifies ways to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- To deal with telephone calls internally and externally in a cheerful and pleasant manner following the company protocol.
- Be aware of and comply with company procedures and instructions and all staff notices which will be displayed on the works notice board.
- Be aware of and act in accordance with good health and safety practices, fire and first aid procedures including the wearing of protective clothing where applicable.
- Be present and ready to commence work at the specified time each day and to continue to work effectively until the specified time to leave.
- To be alert to the ongoing requirements of security on our sites and report any suspicious actions or occurrences to the manager without delay.
- To recognise and protect the confidentiality of any and all information pertaining to the operations of the Company.
- To be a conscientious member of staff and be prepared to be flexible in carrying out any other duties that may be required from time to time.
- To observe at all times the requirements of the terms and conditions of your employment.
This role may be required to work additional hours as per the demands of the role. This job description covers the main requirements, but it is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes of definition as may become necessary from time to time.