VP Consumer Revenue, Europe
Condé Nast is a global media company, home to iconic brands including Vogue, The New Yorker, GQ, Glamour, AD, Vanity Fair and Wired, among many others. The company's award-winning content reaches 84 million consumers in print, 367 million in digital and 379 million across social platforms, and generates more than 1 billion video views each month.
The company is headquartered in London and New York, and operates in 32 markets worldwide, including China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico & Latin America, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, the U.K. and the U.S., with local license partners across the globe.
Reporting to the MD, EMEA, the Director of Consumer Revenue will be based at the central London HQ, working with the five countries within the Europe market to drive consumer revenue. This role will lead the marketing teams across each country, to implement tactical and strategic communications plans, building audiences, and monetising through print and digital audiences through newsstand, subscription, memberships, commerce, events, and new go to market products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Update business with market trends, developments and learnings
- Development and leadership of Europe consumer team
- Work with all vendors managing customers, subscriptions, and distribution - developing sound distribution strategies across all markets
- Review marketing collateral, joining up brand communication to audience and insights working alongside Global Condè Nast teams
- Working with the global marketing teams to bring to life customer cohorts, profiles and insights to inform all marketing activity
- Confident with media and marketing budgets, ensuring they are delivering against business goals. This includes re-evaluating the media mix when business goals are not being met
- Experience with CRM, customer life cycle and retention and engagement strategies
- Management of consumer events, driving and executing consumer revenue from global events calendar
- Evolve audiences from unknown to known building communities through paid and owned marketing activities.
- Strong focus in growing audiences across Europe with special attention to qualitative metrics.
- Deliver pricing strategies and promotional calendar, for all key marketing activity
- To protect our print circulation, through newsstand and subscriptions, working with Europe teams to drive circulation plans and reporting on print sales activity centrally
- Ownership of commerce and e-commerce go to market plans.
- Deliver profitable and world class subscription and membership programmes, building solid acquisition and retention strategies
- To work alongside the MD and Global Exec Director for Consumer Revenue, managing P&L and delivering consumer revenue goals in Western Europe.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Prepared to travel
- Ability to speak multiple languages, desirable
- Good understanding of publishing and media industry
- Extensive marketing experience, including working and effectively collaborating with global teams in a matrix organisation
- Excellent communicator and collaborator with cross functional teams
- Ability to own and drive P&L of a consumer revenue business