Kingfisher will always be KBE Drink’s flagship brand and it currently represents around 80% of the company’s gross profit. As such, this is a hugely important role. There are dual aspects to the responsibilities:
1) Brand Manager of Kingfisher Beer
At KBE Drinks, Brand Managers are expected to ‘act like the owner’ which entails:
- Understanding every little detail of the brand from history and heritage to brewing and commercials.
- Using research and trade visits to gain insight on both the Kingfisher consumers and customers.
- Developing annual brand plans to drive sales and brand awareness.
- Monitoring and updating the business on competitor activity, especially from our closest rival, Cobra.
- Championing the brand inside and outside the business, instilling every point of contact with enthusiasm, excitement and confidence.
In 2021, the candidate will also lead a project to reposition the brand to provide it with more mainstream consumer appeal to win in pubs and bars. Whilst primary packaging must remain unchanged, this project will revolutionise secondary packaging, brand creative including a new tagline and the presentation of the brand including glassware and POS materials. They would work closely with the Brand Manager (pubs and bars) to relaunch the brand in this channel.
2) Trade Marketing for the British Curry Channel (BCC)
BCC is the collective term we use for the country’s Indian, Bangladeshi, Pakistani and Sri Lankan restaurants. Kingfisher is currently stocked in some format in over 90% of these but we want this to be 100%! This role will work incredibly closely with the 11-person BCC sales team and will involve helping them to drive distribution and ROS by:
- Creating and sourcing best-in-class glassware and POS solutions.
- Developing customer engagement ideas including staff incentives, training and consumer competitions.
- Accompanying members of the team on customer visits a minimum of once per month, preferably more often.
- Bringing National Curry Week (a property owned by KBE Drinks) to life within the BCC and using it to drive consumers into their restaurants.
The sales and marketing teams have shared KPIs to foster co-operation and commitment.
The successful candidate will be:
- Degree educated.
- An experienced marketer with a minimum of three years in FMCG.
- A strong communicator able to influence at all levels of an organisation.
- Highly commercial.
- Entrepreneurial in nature and happy to “roll up their sleeves”.
Ambitious, passionate and full of grit.