Business Development Manager – XEIM Labs (12 month FTC)
How you will help us grow….
Xeim Labs provides our clients with a single access point to an unrivalled community of senior marketers and creatives. We are experts in content creation and demand generation, utilising an extensive network of trusted industry connections to devise and deliver strategies which really drive results for our clients. We take a cross-portfolio approach, putting our best foot forward to meet individual client requirements across market-leading brands which include Marketing Week, Econsultancy, the Festival of Marketing, Creative Review and Oystercatchers.
Your focus will be on our creative brands – Creative Review and Design Week, creating solutions for those looking to reach creative professionals within the b2b market.
We are looking for a dynamic, commercially savvy and committed Business Development Manager to join our team. Someone with knowledge of the marketing and media landscape, and with proven experience of new business development. Someone with a natural flair for building relationships and the drive to translate these into mutually beneficial commercial partnerships.
You’ll take active steps to grow existing clients from transactional spenders to trusted partners and identify new business targets to establish relationships with.
Most of all you’ll have a ‘can do’ attitude and want to be a key player within our growing team!
Who will guide me….?
Our Account Director, Commercial Director as well as your colleagues in the Xeim Labs commercial team. You’ll also work closely with our dedicated Xeim Labs project management, commercial content and research teams
A day in the life of….
- You’ll grow and retain existing clients by developing trusted relationships, gaining a thorough understanding of client objectives and presenting new solutions and services accordingly
- You’ll identify, initiate and close business amongst new business targets
- You’ll collaborate with other internal departments, including project management, commercial content, research, marketing, events, design and editorial, to shape client solutions
- You’ll research and keep up to date on market trends as well as competitor activity in order to identify opportunities and develop Xeim’s unique selling proposition
- You won’t be afraid of admin and will ensure all Salesforce data is accurate for reporting and management purposes
- You’ll be mindful of working towards to Xeim’s wider business goals to continually enhance the company’s performance
What we need you to have….
Experience You’ll Need
- You’ll have experience in client facing commercial roles
- With proven business development experience, you’ll know how to spot commercial opportunities and be confident in your ability to convert leads
- You’ll have lots of experience communicating with external stakeholders and know how to build trusting relationships
- You’ll be confident in your expert communication skills
- You’ll have used a CRM system, ideally Salesforce and understand the importance of maintaining accurate records
You’ll know how to
- No job is too small for you, you’ll approach every task with positivity and enthusiasm
- Be agile and flexible – the nature of our business is that things will change quickly so we need you to be agile too
- Analytical and approach problems in a positive and strategic manner in order to get them resolved quickly
- Be versatile, although you keep a lot of plates spinning at the same time, you manage it well and meet your commitments to the team
Our teams will say you’re
- Confident when communicating both internally and externally
- A key player in the business and take great pride in your work and the business
- A stickler for detail
- Super organised and are always one step ahead of the clients