Head of Markets, Consumer Insights and Product Design
We have another fantastic and newly created opportunity at Fair4All Finance. We are seeking a Head of Markets, consumer insights and product design, who has great understanding of the affordable and alternative credit market and insight into the lives of vulnerable consumers and how they use financial products and services. This is an exciting and central role, with great mentoring and plenty of opportunities to support your personal and career growth.
You will use your strong marketing and consumer understanding to assess the most impactful interventions that Fair4All Finance can make to support the delivery of our goals and then to lead the design and delivery of these interventions with a strong emphasis on collaboration and partnership working. We can consider a role share if you have expertise in brand/marketing or product design and ask that you make this clear on your application.
The role is to lead our Markets, Consumer insights and Product design workstream and will focus on both supply and demand aspects of the market with a focus on the needs of the consumer and enabling financial services providers to deliver well for them.
This role is responsible for the design and delivery of core interventions and tools to improve the awareness of appropriate products and services and the design of more appropriate and attractive products, ensuring that customer journeys direct people to the right support for them at the right time. You will be designing to support both specific providers and wider financial services.
- Work with providers on our Scale Up Programmes in initial due diligence/assessment and capacity building recommendations in respect of marketing, consumer insights and product design; specifically to consider the effectiveness of marketing strategy, understanding of customers and tailoring of products and services to customer needs
- Specify interventions for individual organisations and identify opportunities for developing system wide programmes and tools
- Design/procure support programmes to deliver on the recommendations
- Source and oversee delivery of specific tailored support to organisations accepted on to our scale up programmes
- Design/procure support to develop tools and programmes
- Where appropriate work directly with individual affordable lenders to implement improvements to their marketing, customer Insight and products potentially working alongside consultant(s) appointed by Fair4All Finance or from Fair4All Finance’s framework of consultant and support providers
- Establishing the appropriate balance of marketing activities which are balanced between awareness raising initiatives (for Individual organisations, and to the limited extent to which they are effective for the sector as a whole) and those which drive action
- Integrate the marketing activities of Fair4All Finance where appropriate into wider sector connected Initiatives eg problem debt management; financial literacy.
- Identifying areas of market failure in the marketing realm e.g. costs to use the Intermediary platforms for the affordable lenders and / or quality of the origination conducted on those platforms
Centres of expertise
- Where significant gaps are identified that are essential to delivering our goals to develop open access tools to enable all providers to better market, gain consumer insights and design products, collaborating with others wherever possible on both design and delivery and In particular supporting the sector to attain an appropriate balance between traditional marketing Initiatives and digital and social methods
- Ensure that Fair4All Finance identifies and facilitates the cross-pollination of good practice from other sectors into the affordable credit sector be that from B2C or B2B2C marketing practices within financial services or other sectors within the UK or Internationally Including partnerships with employers and Intermediaries (e.g. aggregator platforms)
Specific system resources
- Lead the design of overall resources for financial services as a whole to enable better designed products to reach the people and communities we wish to serve
- Lead the design and delivery of specific system wise resources. Currently we envisage that this will involve brand surveys, customer insights tools and a market access platform
collaborate and share resources so that work gets done where it makes most sense
- identify where additional research or resources need to be sourced and commissioned to deliver on the outcomes
- set out a work plan with clear timelines and responsibilities
Stakeholder engagement and collaboration
Collaboration with stakeholders will be key to success in this role and you will be expected to lead and convene:
- a core collaboration team of people focused in this area with bandwidth to commit time to driving the agenda forward. They will lead the work and will be supported by additional resources as needed drawn from Fair4All Finance and beyond. The core group should have a diverse range of experience and perspectives
- test groups to check in with at each stage of delivery:
- financial services providers
- end consumers
- Passion for our mission to increase the financial resilience of people in vulnerable circumstances
- Able to deal with complexity and uncertainty and work under your own initiative
- Adopt innovative and creative approaches to problem solving with multiple stakeholders
- Seek continued learning and development and enjoy developing others.
- Brilliant team player – takes the initiative to support colleagues and suggest solutions
- Be great at building relationships at all levels
Enjoy innovative and experimental ways of team working; enjoys working in a small team