Europe Regional Marketing & Communications Manager
Europe Regional Marketing & Communications Manager for Invest Northern Ireland –Permanent position based in London to start ASAP £42,017 -£45,779. Remote working is possible due to covid -Interviews will be held remotely on the 3rd ,4th or week commencing the 7th of December
Purpose for the role-To support our team and raise the profile of our presence in Europe, we are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Regional Manager of Marketing & Communications for our Regional HQ in London.
- The jobholder will be responsible for promoting Northern Ireland as a business location in support of the business development teams in London, Dublin, Madrid and Brussels. This will involve profiling the region’s key sectoral strengths and capabilities to targeted audiences to help attract inward investment projects and increase exports for Northern Ireland companies.
- The role will also involve planning and implementing attendance and stands at conferences and exhibitions, hosting VIP visit programmes and building a communications network across the region with other UK stakeholder groups, such as Department for International Trade (DIT), British Embassies/Consulates, Business Groups and the global business diaspora, through Northern Irish Connections.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting and communicating market information and opportunities to the client, sector, and trade teams in Invest Northern Ireland.
- Work closely with HQ, via the Communications team, and the locally-based Business Development teams to develop and implement a clear marketing and communications strategy for Europe, including identifying the most appropriate communications channels and platforms, developing and delivering digital and social media activity suitable to raise awareness and promote Northern Ireland as a place to visit, study or do business. This will include engagement with local and international stakeholders across the region.
- Build relationships with key journalists and publications to ensure a constant flow of positive news articles and stories appear in relevant trade and press media outlets in Europe, and also with key contacts at the British Embassies and Consulates across the region.
- Build the profile and reputation of Invest NI and Northern Ireland amongst key stakeholders and influencers including British, Irish, and other relevant foreign Embassies, Department of International Trade, UK, Tourism Ireland, Enterprise Ireland, and local governments to leverage their contacts to promote awareness of Northern Ireland and deliver a positive business message to markets across the region.
- Work closely with Invest NI’s Internal Communications team to ensure that corporate messages and issues are communicated to the Europe team and to identify and communicate relevant information from the Europe team for inclusion in corporate-wide internal communications.
- Co-manage the Events Manager to ensure excellent execution of all events.
- Work closely with Northern Irish Connections in Europe, developing the diaspora network to support the ambitions of Invest NI. You will work with the Head of Northern Irish Connections, based in Belfast, and the Europe management team in-market to identify, communicate with and build diaspora relationships.
- Lead on the reporting of relevant statistics and data to management in an understandable, presentable manner.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below: -
- Significant recent experience of executing effective strategic communication campaigns within the private or public sector in Europe, particularly in London. Experience in managing media agencies.
- Recent successful experience of developing and fostering good media relations with key target business media groups and contacts in Europe, particularly within Invest NI’s key markets (London, Dublin, Madrid, Brussels).
- Significant recent experience of using a variety of marketing communications channels (including event management-trade shows and exhibitions) experience of successfully developing and implementing recent digital and social media strategies (LinkedIn Twitter etc)
- Fluency in English as well as strong oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated success and creativity in drafting press releases, making presentations, copywriting and negotiating with media. Other European language skills may be a benefit.
- An understanding of business drivers and opportunities in Northern Ireland and Invest NI’s key markets within Europe, as well as the general international business environment.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently as part of a remote team and also as part of cross functional teams.
- Line management experience, ideally remotely.
- A high degree of professionalism, excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Used to working with a wide range of stakeholders internal and external
- Excellent and certified working knowledge of MS Office software, especially PowerPoint and Excel and assumed basic working of Outlook and Word)
- You must be able to undertake regular travel throughout Europe.
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience by the 25th of November if you would like any more information please do contact me to discuss the role in more detail.