Digital Marketing Manager
Our success means we are growing rapidly. As we do so, we want to maintain our professional approach to engaging with our audiences; and increase our digital marketing and communications expertise and work in two core areas:
- To lead and deliver the strategy for our all of digital channels at HDR UK; providing insight, guidance and expertise across our portfolio of websites, content, social media channels, email campaigns, as well as helping us to build and develop our community online.
- To play a central role in the creation and delivery of marketing activity for the Gateway, as we build and develop this tool – to scale up how we use our digital channels and campaigns to communicate the benefits of the Gateway, including how we acquire and retain users. (The Health Data Research Innovation Gateway is the UK’s first platform and access point for researchers to discover health datasets all in one place).
This is a new role within the Communications, Engagement and Involvement team at HDR UK. It is a unique opportunity for someone who is looking to use their skills and experience to create and deliver a strategy for digital marketing for a growing organisation that is at the heart of the UK’s research response to COVID-19.
The successful candidate will share our values, have strong collaboration skills, be comfortable with working at pace and have a passion for professional, high quality approaches to digital marketing.
- Lead on the development and maintenance of HDR UK’s portfolio of websites, liaising with suppliers where necessary
- Act as the key point of contact for any technical developments or issues with the website
- Provide strategic advice and project management for the creation of new digital channels and tools
- Monitor HDR UK’s digital presence, acting as the key point of contact for any outage, downtime, and ensure processes are established for responding to issues
- Track and analyse conversions, leads and website performance
- Manage the monthly KPI reporting process for HDR UK’s digital channels, using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and social media dashboards
- Create and oversee HDR UK’s strategy, analysis and optimisation of paid and organic acquisition including, but not limited to, SEO, PPC, email and CRM marketing, content marketing
- Oversee email campaigns, acting as an advisory and escalation point
- Work closely with the communications officer to deliver digital content strategies across online channels (with particular input into visual content)
- Set and deliver the digital marketing activity to promote the Health Data Research Innovation Gateway and to acquire and grow users
- Working with the Gateway’s Content and Community Manager to ensure campaigns and messaging across our digital channels are aligned
- Responsibility for managing the Communications and Engagement team’s use of the organisation’s CRM
- Act as the team’s point of contact with the rest of the organization on CRM use (and implementation of new CRM)
- Ensure all digital marketing adheres to GDPR guidelines
Planning and organising
This post is part of a small and exceptionally busy team that leads communications and engagement for this national institute. The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for planning and delivering activity, aligned to the strategy, that meets the demands of Health Data Research UK. This will require exceptional organisational skills, managing multiple projects at one time, to ensure work is delivered within deadline and to budget. At the same time, we work at considerable pace and the post holder will require a flexible approach to work to changing demands of the core team and based on external changes.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be expected to use problem solving skills to respond to and manage the diverse demands on the team. The post holder will operate with independence, dealing with and responding to issues brought to their attention. The post holder will require confidence and resilience in dealing with enquiries, problem solving and decision making.
The post-holder will make all day-to-day operational decisions for their own workload and on behalf of Health Data Research UK, where required.
The ability to establish strong and productive working relationships across a range of professionals is vital to the success in this role. The post holder will have a proactive, enthusiastic and collaborative approach and will be comfortable working in an environment where there are conflicting and opposing views. The post holder will build and maintain effective working relationships both within Health Data Research UK, with colleagues working in our research sites, Health Data Research Hubs, our technology delivery partners and with other key stakeholders.
For more information and to apply please see HDR UK website.