Senior Digital Manager (Full-Time / 12 Months Maternity Cover Contract)
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two Zoos – ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, we inspire, inform and empower people to stop wildlife going extinct.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a digital products expert looking for a challenging and rewarding role to help us transform ZSL’s online customer experience. Sitting within ZSL’s Marketing Team, this role is responsible for developing and maintaining ZSL’s suite of websites to deliver a world class digital experience for our many and diverse audiences, enabling people to support us, visit our zoos, interact with our content, purchase from our online shop and embark upon a journey that will lead to a deeper and long lasting relationship, such as membership and fellowship.
We are seeking somebody who will help us improve the current and future website by identifying and helping to execute opportunities for driving digital sales and improving operational efficiency whilst championing the end user experience. You will work closely with senior stakeholders to define the overall strategy, direction, and correct level of investments for the platform and subsequently create and maintain a product backlog/roadmap, prioritising work that focuses on maximum value and ROI that are also aligned with ZSL’s vision and strategy.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Extensive experience leading product initiatives, preferably with ecommerce platforms and checkout
- Proven experience of running digital transformation projects
- Advanced Google Analytics and knowledge of Google Tag Manager and other online measurement and tracking tools
- Analytical skills to measure impact and identify trends
- Proven track record of prioritising and making data-driven decisions on requirements and deliverables in a rapidly changing environment where the best outcome is achieved
- Experience delivering minimum viable products and running A/B tests
- Prior experience working closely with technical development teams
- Working with and managing stakeholders from all levels across the organization
- Strong communication skills, able to bridge the gap between business and technical teams
- Passionate about building and delivering user-centric proposals
- Experience of managing and developing in-house digital teams is desirable
Normally based at ZSL London Zoo in Regents Park, this role is currently working remotely with occasional visits to both ZSL London and Whipsnade Zoos. You may also be required to work occasional evenings; weekends which can be taken back in lieu.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Monday 28 September 2020.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
ZSL kindly requests no contact from agencies or media sales please regarding this position.