Digital Community Manager
Join us and be at the forefront of EDF digital communications.
Digital Community Manager, Hove or Croydon, Salary Starting From £35,000 - £40,000 & Benefits.
EDF is Britain's biggest producer of zero carbon electricity. Put simply, we are on a mission to help Britain achieve net zero. With that in mind, we want to create a positive experience for our customers, stakeholder and employees, which is why we are looking for a passionate Community Management Consultant to connect with our online audiences.
This is a brand new, exciting role driving forward our net zero mission. Join our team of digital experts and you’ll be responsible for effectively engaging and moderating multiple online communities in alignment to the community management strategy, primarily on social media and through our employee advocacy programme.
Day to Day:
- Ensure the corporate reputation of the company is protected via adequate moderation of the online conversation externally
- Work in a small and energetic team of digital experts across organic and paid social media, web and the intranet providing cover where necessary.
- Support the activation of crisis communications during large scale events
- Advise BUs and Corporate communications colleagues on community management best practice
- Leverages insights from social listening to drive improvements of future content campaigns
- Co-ordinates a strong, responsive and networked internal team of social media moderators
Digital natives with consultative skills and experience of community engagement in a similar role, will thrive in this role. We’ll value your existing skills and experience while providing the opportunity for individuals with an agile approach and mind set, to develop your career.
We're looking for a consultant with experience of managing virtual teams and engaging a variety of stakeholders.
We’re offering you the opportunity to be at the forefront of EDF’s communications within the corporate centre, supporting the company’s diverse business units including retail, energy generation (nuclear, renewables, gas and coal) and nuclear new build projects. You’ll partner with Customer Services and Marketing, working collaboratively with other members of the Communications function to ensure the activity on community channels is accurate, consistent and effective.
What does being a great Community Management Consultant at EDF mean?
- Community Management: Guardian of the community management processes, platforms and tools.
- Social Media: You’ll monitor key accounts to find opportunities to join online conversations and amplify positive content from our owned social media channels.
- Social Listening: You’ll use social media listening tools (such as Brandwatch) to monitor online conversation and alert the business to issues of reputational impact, providing analysis using the tool when required.
- Editorial: You’ll provide hands-on editorial experience, including copywriting, proof-reading and approving social media content.
- Content: You’ll work with agencies or in-house teams to create content to be published on owned channels in support of overarching organic social content calendar. You’ll also advise other teams on how to create relevant social and web content for distribution in external channels.
- Employee Advocacy: You’ll ensure that content produced by the business is amplified via our social media channels and employee advocacy tools. You’ll also support the expansion of employee advocacy programme across the company.
- Knowledge of enterprise wide social media and measurement tools such as Hootsuite, Brandwatch and Google Analytics.
- Experienced in generating great ideas and transforming them into fantastic work.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to describe complex issues in a clear and concise manner, in line with the company’s tone of voice guidelines.
- Passion and enthusiasm for engaging with people.
- Strong delivery focus, driven by results and metrics, balanced by a consultative style of approach
- Good stakeholder management and influencing skills are essential.
- Able to facilitate and manage relationships across other business functions and agencies.
- Audience first mind-set with relevant customer service experience (face to face, telephone or digital channels).
- Ability to write succinct briefing notes and reports.
- Self-starter striving to learn and adopt new digital tactics, tools and approaches.
- Experience in using enterprise social media, influencer outreach, content management systems for web and employee advocacy tools desirable.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a salary starting from £35,000 - £40,000 and benefits package, including a defined benefit pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk flex in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
We’re an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being.
We’re about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're proud to be the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity. We believe that, together, we can create a cleaner, low-carbon future.
Through innovation, dedication and a firm commitment to electric and renewable energy – we believe we can change everyone’s future for the better.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.