Senior Partnerships Manager (Maternity Cover)
It’s a hugely exciting time here at The Roald Dahl Story Company – come and join us!
The Senior Partnerships Manager will be responsible for proactively developing a pipeline of long term, strategic and high value corporate partnerships, which drive income and brand awareness for the Roald Dahl brand, in line with the wider business strategy. This is a maternity cover position under a 12-month fixed-term contract.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced and strategic individual who has an existent network of business and agency contacts in the licensing/entertainment/consumer brand industry - as well as a proven track record of securing high worth partnership contracts.
The role requires a tenacious networker and strong negotiator with solid commercial and business acumen. We are also looking for a passionate Roald Dahl fan who understands the power of the brand and the care required to find suitable partners who will collaborate to deliver best in class campaigns.
- Proactively develop relationships with prospective corporate partners and brand agencies, with a view to building a long-term pipeline of commercial partnership opportunities.
- Deliver and manage through high worth contracts with quality partners who are a strong strategic fit with the Roald Dahl brand.
- Work to diversify and strengthen the value proposition for investing partners linked to the Roald Dahl brand as a whole and business focus areas.
- Ongoing creation of creating and refining partnership pitching materials with a real lens on creative concepts – 2021 will be a big year for this with upcoming business critical projects and new assets.
- Lead on deal brokering and negotiation of contract terms.
- Manage and lead on brand immersions with top tier partners.
- Work with other key departments to deliver the partnerships – Licensing, Legal, Marketing, Design and Publishing in particular.
- Work on sustaining and building industry presence.
- Proactively build and maintain the partnerships long term strategy in order to drive long term commercial growth.
- Line Management of FT Partnerships Assistant and PT Partnerships Consultant.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as we may notify you of from time to time.
Key skills and experience
- A tenacious networker with strong existent relationships in the licensing/brand industry.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to drive.
- Understanding of brand management and ability to select partners and shape activities which are sensitive to wider brand priorities and strategic plans.
- Experience and knowledge of the licensing and/or brand and entertainment industry.
- Proven track record in crafting complex multi partner campaigns which drive significant income and positively impact brand awareness.
- A passionate Roald Dahl Fan.
Why join us?
The Roald Dahl Story Company (RDSC) manages the copyrights of the world’s number one storyteller - Roald Dahl. We have big ambitions to turn the world’s favourite stories into the best films, tv, content, innovative publishing in the market – and with a set of partners ranging from Netflix and Disney to Penguin Random House and The Royal Shakespeare Company - we’re well on the way. Far from a traditional literary estate – the company is a collection of creative, brand building and commercial brains from a range of backgrounds aiming to deliver the best, and most innovative Roald Dahl inspired products and experiences to the market.
We really care for our team – from four instructor led weekly exercise classes (yoga and HIIT twice a week) to rolling out working from home days and flexi-time to further encourage a positive work/life balance for all. We’ve also put a lot of thought into creating the perfect office environment and culture for everyone to enjoy, including a kitchen stocked with an assortment of refreshments, and an on-site shower complete with towels and toiletries.
The Senior Partnerships Manager will also benefit from our workplace pension scheme, 28 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro-rated accordingly) and company social events.
Please email your CV and a one-page covering letter summarising why you are interested in this role and how you meet the requirements within the person specification to Livvy Chan (HR Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 27 September 2020.
The Roald Dahl Story Company is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We kindly ask for applicants to complete our equal opportunities monitoring questionnaire as part of their application please click here
The information that you provide will not be used to influence our recruitment decisions. Please notify us if you require any adjustments in order for you to be able to complete the application and/or interview process.
Take a look at our privacy notice for details regarding how your personal data will be handled for the purpose of recruitment and selection.