Head of Communications
Who we are:
72Point is a Top 50 Public Relations agency, specialising in delivering creative, multimedia content that communicates clients’ brand values to national and international audiences. As part of the SWNS Media Group, 72Point has an unparalleled network of journalists and publishers at the UK’s top news publications as well as at top news and lifestyle publications in the USA. 72Point’s unique offering of quality content and bespoke creative delivers unrivalled levels of media exposure in the UK’s top national and regional titles including lifestyle, business and consumer publications. 72Point is 43rd in the official list of top UK PR agencies, the 18th biggest consumer PR agency in the UK and the winner of PRCA’s In-House Digital Team of the Year 2019.
72Point is at an exciting point of its journey, fast climbing up the ranks of the UK’s Top PR Agencies. 72Point is looking for a highly strategic Head of Communications to bring together its diverse departments and continue to refine and strengthen its offering as a top PR and media relations agency, specialising in creative content. The postholder will sit on the Board alongside C-Suite Executives and Department heads, overseeing all elements of internal and external strategic communications and managing a multi-disciplinary team to achieve the agency’s commercial goals.
- Marketing Strategy
- Communications Strategy
- Digital Marketing
- Brand Development
- Project Management
- Budget Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Crisis Communications
- Campaign Coordination
- Press Office
- Line Management
- Ideally some experience of working in PR sector
- Provide strategic counsel to C-Suite executives and managing the forward plan of campaigns, marketing activations and brand positioning, delivering internal and external communications for two commercial brands owned by the SWNS Media Group.
- Line manage a growing team of Marketing Apprentices, Marketing Executives, Graphic Designers and Market Researchers, providing coaching, mentoring and supporting professional development opportunities via PRCA, CIPR and CIM.
- Support all client-facing staff with the development of top-quality promotional content and collateral, supporting pitches, working directly with the Graphic Design team to develop brand strategy and identity.
- Lead on Digital Strategy, improving customer accessibility to core services via the website and social media channels and improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness of internal processes.
- Provide updates and briefings on ongoing projects to Managing Director and C-Suite Executives and present evaluation of marketing campaigns at monthly Management and Board Meetings.
- Prepare press releases, thought-leadership content and speeches for Managing Director to advance brand reputation of 72Point in the wider PR & Marketing industry via trade publications, trade shows, exhibitions and events.
- Develop the company’s Internal Communications Strategy and support organisation of annual staff conference for over 150 employees from two office locations (London and Bristol).
- Leads the agency’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Programme, identifying strategic partnerships and providing pro bono support to selected UK charity partners.
- Manage a divisional budget for staffing and marketing spend
You are a hands-on, flexible and motivating team leader who has built and developed communications strategies and managed mid-sized Communications or Marketing teams. You have a proven track record of success in delivering outcome-driven strategic communications in large, complex organisations across a range of national and international territories. You are resilient and thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment, reporting directly to C-Suite Executives and managing budgets of up to £1M.