Marketing Manager / Marketing Lead / Marketing Coordinator
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Salary: £25,980 - £29,769 FTE
Job type: Permanent, Part-time (28 hours/week worked as 5 x 5.6 hr days or 4 x 7 hr days)
The Institute is one of the world's leading centres for the study of sculpture, offering a year-round programme of exhibitions, conferences and lectures in addition to research activities that animate the exhibitions programme. The busy programme offers huge variety for the marketing professional.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications, the post-holder will devise and deliver effective marketing strategies and innovative PR campaigns to develop audiences for the Institute and its exhibitions and research programme regionally, nationally and internationally. Developing a good understanding of what motivates the audiences and incorporating research findings into creative campaigns that connect with them will be key to success in this role.
* Devise and implement innovative, high quality marketing campaigns for the exhibitions programme at the Institute across the full spectrum of marketing and communications channels
* Develop and implement strategies to promote the research and public events programme at the Institute and to promote the library and archive facilities
* Produce engaging and consistent media information and disseminate this in a timely fashion
* Build close relationships with the media locally, nationally and internationally; and manage the press database ensuring that contacts are kept up to date
* Organise press events including press views of exhibitions, photo calls and press trips, as well as supervising all filming and photography at the Institute
* Contribute to the development of website content and oversee the Institute's social media feeds in line with the Foundation's digital strategies, developing creative and engaging content and producing regular engagement reports
* Collate, monitor and circulate visitor figures on a weekly basis and at the end of each main exhibition, reporting on attendance against target and benchmarks set by previous shows
* Manage the marketing budget for the Institute, maximising value and adhering to the Foundation's financial procedures
* Any other duties that may reasonably be required
Their ideal candidate will be a highly motivated graduate with a passion for the arts and a track record in delivering successful marketing and PR campaigns, preferably in the cultural sector. First rate communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, along with a flair for producing engaging content for print, web and social media feeds are essential. Knowledge of the current media landscape, and competency in database management, Photoshop, website content management systems and the range of social media platforms would be advantageous.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* At least three years' experience delivering high profile marketing and communications campaigns, ideally in the cultural sector
* Knowledge of current media landscape and experience of building relationships with the media
* A self-starter with a high level of personal motivation
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate well with colleagues and stakeholders, taking them with you
* Ability to understand the motivations of audiences, from academics to everyday gallery visitors, and creating campaigns that connect with them accordingly
* Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
* Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and ability to meet targets and deadlines, solve problems and prioritise workload while remaining calm under pressure
* Proven ability to manage budgets and negotiate contracts, always obtaining beneficial terms
* Knowledge of effective review and evaluation processes
* Competent and confident in using Microsoft Office, databases, Photoshop, website content management systems and social media platforms
* A demonstrable interest in the arts, ideally visual arts
* Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Interviews will take place for shortlisted candidates in Leeds on Thursday 7 November 2019.
Please click on the APPLY button to be directed to the Institute's careers page to review the full recruitment pack and job description and complete the application form. Applications must be submitted by 6 pm Monday 21 October 2019.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Marketing Manager, Senior Marketing Executive, Marketing Campaign Manager, B2B Marketing, Marketing Lead, Senior Marketing Coordinator, B2C Marketing, Marketing Strategy Manager, Group Marketing Coordinator, Senior Marketing Associate, Marketing Lead, Marketing Specialist, Senior Communications Officer, PR Manager may also be considered for this role.