Arsenal Women Marketing Officer
Arsenal Women Marketing Officer
Arsenal Women Football Club (AWFC) is the most decorated female football club in the history of the English game. Following the women's game turning professional, the Club has seen rapid growth and led by Arsenal's core values, endeavours to continue its success both on and off the pitch.
The purpose of this role is to create and manage AWFC's overall marketing plan. The post holder will work to actively improve the profile and raise awareness of women's football and AWFC with the ultimate objective of increasing match attendances at all AWFC home games.
A key focus of the role will be to forge and maintain excellent relationships with AWFC players so as to maximise content opportunities to increase fan engagement and build brand and supporter loyalty.
The post holder will be based at the Club's training ground and be expected to embrace the local community and engage with all internal and external stakeholders to achieve the above, acting as a central port of call for all AWFC's marketing activities.
DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Work closely with Arsenal Media Group (AMG) to manage AWFC social media channels, including live match day updates and both pre and post-match content, to increase fan engagement and grow our fan base.
- Devise and forge strong relationships with players so as to spot and coordinate regular player related content opportunities that can be used on social platforms to maximise engagement.
- Work closely with AFC Social Media Department to maintain relevant AWFC websites and social channels, ensuring all content is up to date, accurate and consistent.
- Produce and execute pre-match marketing plans to cover social, Arsenal.com and external platforms.
- Set up and manage match by match marketing promotions on social platforms.
- Analyse and share engagement results from social platforms/advert reach and response.
- Work closely with Arsenal's design team to create assets for use across all digital platforms.
- Write press releases and announcements, working with the Communications Manager and Arsenal Media.
- Support Club Communications with on site media access days in relation to AWFC.
- Act as first point of call on site for any and all activations requiring marketing presence and follow-on marketing actions, particularly from AWFC's first major sponsor (Mastercard).
- Develop player sponsorship packages, managing the delivery of benefits to sponsors and meeting revenue targets.
- Create content and work closely with AFC Publications to produce the AWFC match day programme.
- Work with CRM to produce engaging AWFC monthly newsletters and other relevant material, including player related content as appropriate.
- Provide engaging features and content for use on Arsenal.com and across central club marketing channels.
MEMBERSHIPS & TICKETING
- Assist in the development of membership products and manage promotional campaigns.
- Work closely with the Arsenal FC Box Office to facilitate the sale of memberships and match tickets, produce financial reports and monitor match day attendance.
- Manage campaigns designed to grow AWFC'S supporter base and increase attendance.
- Monitor and update all ticketing related content on websites.
- Gain insights and motivation factors behind match attendance and interpret the data to drive marketing activities.
- Manage all customer service enquiries that come through to the marketing inbox.
- Liaise with club Communications Manager to support media requirements.
- Support Arsenal Media Group with social media content capture and posts.
- Manage the Cub's home match day retail offering; internal stock requests, match day sales, financial reporting and meeting revenue targets.
- Manage press lists for home fixtures, with support from the Communications Manager.
AWFC SUPPORTERS CLUB
- Assist the Supporters Club to grow their membership base, aligning them with the AWFC Supporters Club guidelines and helping arrange meetings and events.
- Act as first point of call on site for all marketing related activities (whether match day or training ground based).
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with AWFC players, relevant AFC staff and departments (this may require attending meetings at the Club's headquarters in Highbury House from time to time).
- Implement FA national marketing campaigns at local level and work with the FA national marketing team to deliver joint objectives.
- Undergo applications for central FA marketing funding and delivery of relevant initiatives to enable the Club to carry out innovative and successful marketing campaigns.
- Work effectively with all teams, companies and associates to ensure consistency, efficiency, professionalism and effective communication.
- Enforce and comply with all company policies and procedures which are fundamental in maintaining effective performance, communication and good business reputation.
- Enforce and comply with all statutory legislation and policy i.e. Food Hygiene and Fire, Health & Safety and attend any training as requested by the company and required by law.
- This job and person specification is a guideline only and is not exhaustive.
- Candidates may be required to perform other duties which are not expressly listed but are in keeping with the general purpose of their job role and we reserve the right to make changes to this job description as appropriate.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- A relevant marketing qualification and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrable experience in a marketing role, within elite sport.
- Experience in building supporter bases and growing attendances would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of women's football, from grassroots to professional level is desirable.
- using digital platforms, including a working knowledge of social media.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Open to travel and work evenings and weekends.
- Able to work as part of a team (essential).
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Capable of working effectively within strict deadlines.
Please note that we have set a final deadline of Friday 20 September to apply for this position. However, we will be reviewing and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis so you are strongly encouraged to apply well before the deadline if possible.
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.