Digital Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
Contract: Permanent – Full time
Salary: £32,000 - £45,000
What it’s about
We are looking for a dynamic digital marketing specialist to drive the effectiveness and creativity of our digital marketing activity across Cambridge Assessment English. Engaging and proactive, you will be able to establish excellent working relationships with colleagues across our global teams, providing technical, creative and analytic insight and support.
What you’ll be doing
You will drive the planning and implementation of digital marketing campaigns and activities globally, with internal teams and external agencies. Assessing and analysing the effectiveness of current initiatives, as well as designing new campaigns, you will propose relevant digital platforms and channels to achieve the desired objectives within the budget provided.
- You should be highly collaborative, and thrive on working with colleagues to explore new ideas and deliver projects on time, to agreed quality standards.
- You will need to be hands-on in developing and managing digital advertising (including paid search, paid social, display advertising, remarketing and video advertising programmes, etc.). Optimising performance and return on investment through A/B testing, delivering best practice in landing page layout and content.
- You will manage external agencies to develop and deliver campaigns, ensuring the quality delivery, monitoring and evaluating the agency’s performance against KPI and ROI metrics.
- Working closely with the wider marketing team to develop and manage email marketing campaigns for B2C and B2B audiences, set best practice and ensure campaigns are fully optimised.
- You will also be responsible for helping to build an in-depth understanding of website data and lead initiatives to improve SEO, user journeys and grow website traffic.
- Tracking, and analysing customer behaviour, using Google Analytics and other reporting tools, you will develop reports on campaigns, digital marketing activities and our global websites.
- Substantial experience in leading successful digital campaigns (B2B and B2C) is essential as well as experience using marketing automation platforms. You will play a key role in the development of a range of projects to support key business objectives.
- Supporting marketing teams across our global network of international offices, leading digital marketing reviews, providing training and best practice advice, as well as sharing creative ideas, you may be required to travel internationally on occasion.
What we’re looking for
You will need to provide demonstrable experience of:
- effective collaborative working and digital project management
- hands-on successful implementation of Google Analytics/ Google Adwords/ Display/ Search Console/ SEO/ Paid Social/ Remarketing (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin etc.)
- optimising the content and layout of campaign landing pages to improve performance
- using marketing automation platforms to create brand awareness, nurturing and lead generation campaigns
- SEO tools to optimise digital marketing performance
- managing email marketing campaigns in a B2C and/or B2B environment, delivering best practice in email marketing
- timely, accurate and insightful data analysis and reporting
You should have
- excellent numerical and analytical skills
- the ability to put together actionable reports with clear insights and recommendations backed by visualisation of data
- the ability to prioritise a heavy workload within a fast-paced environment
- excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- a proven track record in developing and implementing multi-channel campaigns
- excellent knowledge of marketing automation software
- expert understanding of SEO strategies and best practice
- expert knowledge in tracking
- good knowledge of Google Tag Manager
- good knowledge of GDPR
- good technical understanding, with some knowledge of HTML and responsive design
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Closing date for applications is 1 September.
Please note, only applications with Cover Letter and CV will be considered.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
Going forward all Job Description content will be incorporated into the body of our Job Adverts. This allows candidates to read all the job information no matter where they have seen the job role. A separate job description document may be sent out at the interview invite stage but will include the same content as our advert.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.