Trade & Category Marketing Manager - FMCG Leader
Trade & Category Marketing Manager
£45K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus
Excellent opportunity to take your strong commercial, strategic and creative thinking skills to a global FMCG powerhouse – truly owning your remit and driving change at a pace! In this challenging, hands-on role, you’ll lead the development and execution of the TM plans for a power brand in the UK market - driving the category growth strategy and defining the 4P go-to-market strategy, informed and led by shopper & trade insight and market trends. This will include developing scalable store activation plans, ensuring each store format and customer is considered in all activity; leading the annual category planning and review process, and championing new product market entry and execution.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing effective Trade & category strategies based on an understanding of customers, categories and consumers to maximise account profitability
- Developing short and long term category strategies based on a thorough understanding of market conditions and trends
- Building gap analysis for products, promotion and distribution, working with sales and customer marketing to develop/agree clear and specific for action
- Championing NPD introductions, including developing sales presentations and materials and tracking in-market implementation
- Developing category and merchandising guidelines including shelf layout and promotional models for each store format
- Identifying Market/Consumer/Category trends and building them into the category vision and growth story, presenting these to customers to establish us as the category expert
Our Ideal Candidate
With a robust FMCG background gained in one or more commercial function (trade marketing, category management, sales, MS&P or customer & shopper marketing) you’ll be looking for your next challenge. In what is a very dynamic and fast-paced business culture, we’re looking for someone with real commercial acumen and a thorough understanding of the customer management process within the FMCG market. Strong analytical thinking skills are key to this role with the ability to use data to make clear, actionable business recommendations. Specific skills and experience should include:
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and good understanding of Customer Management Process.
- Ability to analyse large volumes of complex information, interpret & construct straightforward plans.
- Strong knowledge of continuous insight data (Nielsen/IRI, Panel Data)
- Advanced usage of Excel, PowerPoint, Nitro or equivalent and ideally space planning knowledge
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Very strong influencing/negotiation expertise and leadership skills
- Confidence, gravitas and personal impact; someone who inspires your reports and colleagues in other functions to buy-into your recommendations and plans
A first-class, blue-chip global FMCG business with a significant portfolio of well-known and trusted brands in the global household, health and personal care sectors, trading in countries across the world. This company invests very heavily in NPD and massive ATL spends and has seen huge growth over recent years. The culture is energetic, entrepreneurial and highly results-driven with opportunities to make a substantial contribution to the business. This is a business in which you’ll find plenty of drive and energy, and a direct and open style; a business where you’ll be given the freedom to make your mark throughout your career.
If you would like to discuss this role, please e-mail Adam Tarsh now. email@example.com
Apply for Trade & Category Marketing Manager - FMCG Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly