Market Intelligence Consultant
Market Intelligence Consultant/Executive £25,000 - £32,000
9 month temporary contract
A leading tourism agency helping to develop Britain’s visitor economy seeks a Market Intelligence Consultant to lead on the analysis of visitors coming to the UK from the Asian markets.
You will be assisting in developing and implementing their insights programme through market research and local market knowledge, and a major responsibility of the role will be to assist the overseas network in understanding audiences from the Asian region. Responsibilities will include:
- Analysing key data sources such as surveys, forecasts, capacity and booking numbers
- Responding to ongoing insight
- Keeping the team regularly informed of market performance, macro trends and consumer insights on an ongoing basis
- Summarising research and insights to create actionable recommendations for business decision making
- Investigating emerging trends, competitor activity, customer attitudes and market conditions across Asia
- Producing substantial documents that summarise, distilling and delivering insights and putting performance into a competitive context
- Delivering authoritative and visually compelling infographics
- Updating market pages on websites
The successful candidate will be highly numerate with proven analytical skills, and should have experience and a passion for both primary and secondary research, numerical analysis and travel sector trends coupled with knowledge of research techniques. Ideally they would have experience working with stakeholders overseas, and basic SPSS skills would be highly desirable.