Global Brand Head
Global Brand Head
Department: Group Marketing
Responsible to: Chief Marketing Officer
Responsible for: Global Brand Manager (direct) or Global Marketing Assistant
Cross functional brand team inc communications, digital, education (indirect)
Location: Nelsons House, 83 Parkside, Wimbledon, London SW19 5LP
Nelsons is the UK’s largest manufacturer of natural healthcare products, operating in the market place for over 150 years with a wide range of brands and products; inspiring generations to live healthier and happier lives. We are proud of our brands - RESCUE range, Bach Original Flower Remedies, Spatone, Nelsons Arnicare, Nelsons Teetha, Nelsons creams including H+Care and Nelsons homeopathic ClikPak range – which are distributed worldwide to over 60 countries.
The Global Brand Head will develop the vision, strategy and pipeline for a key global brand and lead the creation of key campaigns and toolkits that build the brand equity. Work closely with local teams to deliver sales and share growth in our key markets.
To deliver our strategic plan Nelsons has identified that we need to be managing our global brands with a greater consumer focus and more consistency (across touchpoints and zones) in order to build equity and reduce inefficiency of spend and effort. We will still be operating in a matrix model, partnering together with lead markets across the zones but will be looking to the Global Brand Head to take a much more directive role, creating central brand equity guidelines and campaigns, and toolkits for NPD launches. The Global Brand Heads will partner with markets to support their implementation (approving adaptation or deviations where needed) as well as partner on the development of local brand plans that deliver sales and share growth. This role will have the final decision on any equity or communications assets and will be a key consult on the investment plans and sales budgets proposed by the zones.
- Lead, with support from the insights director,) the consumer targeting for the brand including strategic audience, key insights and prime prospect profiling
- Develop the Brand heart summary of brand equity
- Develop, with agency support where needed, brand equity guidelines for local market implementation across touchpoints including POS, digital, ATL
- Lead the cross functional agency team to develop a global campaign/ communications platform
- Deliver comprehensive launch toolkits for new initiatives Develop the 5 year initiative plan including innovation pipeline (NPD, claims and commercial innovation) as well as consumer activation initiatives
- Work directly with our direct markets and the Head of Distributor Marketing, to support the local plans development and implementation, approving deviations to toolkits and equity where appropriate to local consumer or customer needs
- Provide “brand model” Guidelines on investment choices and consult with zones on A&P and sales annual budgets
- Deliver the overall sales growth for their brand
- Manage, coach and develop the Global Product Manager (or other direct reports)
Skills and Experience
- Significant marketing combining strategic and operational skills
- Track record of results growing sales via winning campaigns across multiple touchpoints including digital
- Strong knowledge of identifying and leveraging key consumer insights
- International experience across multiple global markets
- Good influencer and negotiator, comfortable in a matrix environment
- Strong people manager and coach for local markets
- Understanding of regulated/ medical/ OTC industries with experience of natural or homeopathic
To apply for the role, please click the Apply button.