Communications Officer – £28,000 + Benefits – Central London
CITMA is seeking a talented Communications Officer to bring fresh ideas into the team. In this newly created role, you will work with the Head of PR and Communications to produce compelling content that promotes, engages and supports CITMA members, whilst informing stakeholders and the public with information about trademarks, designs and the work of CITMA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and executing CITMA’s day-to-day content output, as well as helping to plan and produce content for larger campaigns. You will use your creativity and experience to source, write and edit content for publication on CITMA’s communication channels and beyond. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a first-rate organisation.
The key responsibilities of a Communications Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Producing engaging digital content for all CITMA communication channels including website, social media and e-newsletters
- Writing marketing copy for and co-ordinate promotion of our events
- Commissioning and publishing digital content for our website including video and keeping pages up to date
- Supporting the Head of PR and Communications to implement the communications strategy
- Organising and facilitating the Publications and Communications Steering Group
- Generating positive media coverage in business and legal media
- Other duties as reasonably required of you
The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA) represents the interests of over 1,600 trade mark and design legal professionals, and fights to bring recognition to the work they do. We also feed their enthusiasm for the profession through regular conferences and events, professional development courses, newsletters, social media debate and the CITMA Review.
The benefits of being a Communications Officer are:
- Working in a prime central London location and being paid a strong basic salary
- Generous employee pension scheme and access to a medical cash plan scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
The key skills and qualities of a Communications Officer:
- Previous experience working in a communications, marketing or PR role; educated to degree level or equivalent standard/experience; highly computer literate and proficient in IT systems
- Experience of proactively sourcing and writing copy for a variety of comms channels; commissioning and creating easily understandable and engaging content; updating websites using a contact management system; and managing social media in a professional capacity
- Excellent standard of written English (spelling, grammar, punctuation, style) with significant experience in writing and proof reading
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact confidently and effectively at all levels and with multiple stakeholders
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter who is proactive and can work using own initiative, able to meet tight deadlines and prioritise a demanding workload
- Creative, innovative, positive and collaborative; able to speak up and suggest fresh ideas
Interviews will take place on the 17th-18th July.
Experience of generating positive media coverage; handling incoming media enquiries; events marketing; and implementing a content plan is also highly desirable.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking organisation and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
Apply for Communications Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly