- Full Time
The opportunity has arisen for an exceptional Marketing professional to join a forward thinking and ambitious set of Barristers’ Chambers in Central London and help elevate the set into a recognized market leader across all relevant practice areas.
7BR is currently investing heavily in both its physical infrastructure as well as professional capabilities, and is looking for a Marketing Manager who, working closely with the CEO, can help fulfill these ambitions as well as set out a compelling vision for the organisation.
The successful candidate will be someone who appreciates the collegiate environment they will find within 7BR, whilst having the drive and determination to think innovatively and challenge orthodox thinking. The role is broad and comes with a high degree of autonomy. Previous experience of the legal world is not a pre-requisite.
Strategic Marketing - Work with the CEO, senior clerks and practice Team Leaders to develop strategic marketing plans for key practice areas aligned with the overall strategy for Chambers. Lead on the implementation of these plans in conjunction with the CEO and Team Leaders.
Communications – Internal and External. Co-ordinate all external written communications including a significant upturn in placed articles and topical output, and Member-led content. Develop Internal communications including the newsletter, ‘news management’, and the familiarisation of lateral hires, pupils, and new staff.
Social Media / Digital - Manage Chambers’ social media platforms, encouraging participation by staff and members alike to increase basic digital competencies and engagement, whilst also evaluating and developing the programme based on results.
Website – Lead the on-going website development project with specific deliverables and subsequently ensure the 7BR website remains at the forefront of best Chambers’ practice.
Brand Strategy – Lead on positioning 7BR within the broader marketplace, ensuring consistency and intelligent positioning across all channels.
Media – Build media presence within a defined community. Stimulate the generation of newsworthy items and articles and arrange for their placement in appropriate publications, journals and electronic media in order to build Chambers’ brand and reputation. Create a strategy for external media and 7BR’s blog.
Events – Organisation and promotion of events hosted by 7BR including internal and external training seminars, conferences and social events.
Database - Work with the Barristers and clerks to maintain up to date client contact details on LEX software for distributing event invitations and news updates etc. including for seminars, conferences and training. Strengthen client relationship management through effective management of CRM. Pay close attention to GDPR regulations to ensure Chambers adheres to changes in data protection law.
- Educated to degree level, ideally in law or marketing.
- CIM qualification an advantage.
- Experience of working in a professional services or similar environment.
- Possess a track record of effective delivery, including projects. P
- roven copywriting ability and strong attention to detail.
- Strong powers of persuasion combined with patience, tact and diplomacy.
- A natural motivator capable of inspiring colleagues, whether members of chambers or staff.
- A collaborative attitude and the ability to operate effectively as a team member.
- The ability to engage with and command the respect of members of Chambers and their professional clients.
- An organised and structured approach to work and the working environment.
- Good commercial and business awareness.
- Experience in design software (InDesign) and Website management platforms (Wordpress) preferable.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary – c. £50,000
- Option to enroll onto work-based pension scheme
- Season ticket loan facility
- 25 days holiday per annum
To apply, please attach your CV and covering note below, or send them via email to Joshua Stamp-Simon at JStamp-Simon@7br.co.uk. The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 16 June 2019.
Apply for Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly