Marketing and Communications Officer - Connecting Science
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Officer to join the Wellcome Genome Campus Connecting Science team.
Connecting Science’s mission is to enable everyone to explore genomic science and its impact on research, health and society. We connect researchers, health professionals and the wider public, creating opportunities and spaces for learning, training and engagement with genomics.
We currently have a small marketing team that supports all of our learning and engagement activities. This new role will add to the current team, working closely with the Marketing Lead for Learning, Training and Research and focussing on our Advanced Courses and Scientific Conferences (ACSC) team and their professional audiences. You will support content management and planning for marketing campaigns by producing new graphic and digital assets suitable for a range of channels, assemble content for email marketing, support the maintenance of the ACSC website, and be able to understand the success of our marketing activities. You will also play a role in supporting the wider Connecting Science programme, working on projects as they arise with the Marketing Lead for Programme, Engagement, and Conference Centre.
You may be a recent graduate looking to progress your marketing career, or a more experienced professional who is interested in focussing on the creative aspects of digital marketing.
You will be an excellent communicator with strong design and time-management skills; you will enjoy working in a diverse team with a range of international stakeholders, including colleagues, researchers, and other partner organisations. You will be able to manage multiple projects, come up with creative solutions, and support the delivery of excellent marketing and communication outputs across the entire programme.
- Proficient in using Adobe Creative Cloud applications, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Able to use creative approaches to produce engaging content
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of branding to support communication messages
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of digital marketing platforms, such as email marketing eg Dotdigital; social media channels, eg Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work to multiple and fixed deadlines
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Good understanding of tools such as Google analytics to assess the success of marketing activities
- Able to spot new opportunities, suggest new ideas, and contribute to a team
- Enthusiasm for science, training, learning and engagement
- Experience of creating and editing film and video content for digital platforms and other marketing uses
- Marketing or communication-related qualification
- Experience of working in a research, educational or not-for-profit environment
- Experience of WordPress content management systems
- Experience of digital photography
Wellcome Genome Campus Connecting Science’s mission is to enable everyone to explore genomic science and its impact on research, health and society. It inspires new thinking, sparks conversation, supports learning and measures attitudes, drawing on the ground-breaking research taking place on the Campus.
Wellcome Genome Campus Advanced Courses and Scientific Conferences is part of Connecting Science. It funds, develops and delivers training and conferences that span basic research, cutting-edge biomedicine, and the application of genomics in healthcare. It works with internationally-renowned scientists and healthcare professionals, and runs events at the Wellcome Genome Campus and in low- and middle-income countries that aim to educate, inspire, and transform careers.
The Wellcome Genome Campus is set over 125 acres and is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of genomes and biodata. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to solve some of humanity’s greatest challenges. It is home to some of the world's foremost institutes and organisations in genomics and computational biology, including the Wellcome Sanger Institute which is the largest organisation on Campus, the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI), Open Targets and Genomics England.
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Our Benefits include: Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, Group Income Protection, Healthcare scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Workplace Nursery and 25 days Annual Leave, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 30, plus Bank Holidays. We also have a gym, two cafes, dining facilities, and a free campus bus service. Our thriving Sports and Social Club provides many opportunities to meet with people working across the campus.
Please include a CV and a Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role with your application.