Head of Customer Acquisition
Head of Customer Acquisition
Permanent – 37 hours per week
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world’s largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. ScottishPower is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we’re investing over £4m every working day to make this happen. We’re committed to speeding up the transition to cleaner electric transport, improving air quality and over time, driving down bills.
Our Retail business provides energy to 5 million households and businesses across the UK. We work hard to deliver competitive gas and electricity rates and tariffs, as well as products and services that put you in control of your energy - from our remote heating control solution to tariffs designed specifically for Electric Vehicle owners.
At ScottishPower Retail, we know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
As the Head of Customer Acquisition, you will report directly to the UK Marketing Director and have responsibility for driving and optimising conversion of sales traffic, to enable ScottishPower to help achieve our ambitious customer number growth objectives. The role covers both Domestic and Business segments. You will work with key senior stakeholders across the ScottishPower and the wider Iberdrola Group, to ensure all are engaged and aligned with our “Go To Market” Acquisition strategy and direction. Owning and delivering the Acquisition strategy for UK Marketing, your main focus will be on 2 key elements. Firstly, Demand Generation - increasing sales traffic/lead generation across ScottishPower direct channels (offline and online) and secondly on Sales Conversion where you will be improving lead quality and conversion rates. Using data-driven insights, you will gain a deep understanding of key factors in the decision-making journey of prospective customers, their related drop out reasons and use this to drive improvement initiatives. You will act as an ‘orchestrator’, bringing together individuals from cross-functional areas with the relevant skills to address specific challenges / opportunities, in an agile ‘scrum’ team.
Skills & Requirements:
- Graduate or equivalent experience, ideally in a Marketing or Business-focussed discipline, with experience within a Retail environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a particular emphasis on negotiations at an executive level. Demonstrable track record of effective communication and negotiation internally and externally.
- Ability to manage a complex set of parallel and overlapping issues, strategic objectives and customer needs (technological, financial, business process and customer behaviour) and to synthesise into a clear strategic vision for customer engagement.
- Have strong business acumen to shape and inform strategic plans based on value.
- Ability to work across business boundaries, both within Retail and across the wider ScottishPower/Iberdrola Group.
- Proven ability to generate continuous improvement in daily operations
- Detailed knowledge of the UK utilities industry, with an appreciation of the complexities inherent in a deregulated market.
- High degree of numeracy skills, including some statistical knowledge
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Extensive experience of customer engagement delivery in a large corporate environment.
- Strategic thinker and ROI delivery focused
- Specialist knowledge in Marketing, particularly Acquisition-focused
- Understanding of key commercial considerations and related opportunities
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skillset
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Awareness of Regulatory environment
What We Offer:
- Salary starting from: £60,400 - £75,500 per annum, depending on skills and experience
- Bonus of up to 30%
- Family Cover Private Health Care
- Car allowance of around £450 per month
As part of our commitment to be a supportive and inclusive place to work, we recognise that our employees have different personal circumstances and want a suitable work-life balance. We are working hard to support flexible and alternative ways of working where possible including: Flexible Working, Shared Parental Leave, Career Breaks, Wellbeing / Employee Assistance Programme. You will also have access to our flexible benefits programme where you can decide what is important for you.
Selection method: Competency Based Interview and Technical questions.
Competencies: Achieving Results and Continuous Improvement (3); Communicating and Influencing (4); Innovation and Creativity (4); Customer Focus (4)
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: Friday 24th May 2019.