A highly entrepreneurial privately owned organisation, our client has created a niche integrated concept in the world of Motorsport. A specialist player, albeit one of the largest producers of racing and track cars in the world, this is an organisation which provides its customers an innovative and bespoke offering with the ultimate aim now to be recognised by the racing community worldwide as the go to car of choice, due to the unique experience, performance and lifestyle offered by these outstanding vehicles.
The organisation is experiencing some of the most exciting times they have had for many years and with significant market opportunities to exploit, this role is critical to ongoing success.
- Reporting to the CEO and based in Peterborough (with some possible home working and appropriate UK and international travel as required, including attendance at some track events), you will look to establish a new and high impact global marketing function for the organisation ensuring that quite rightly, marketing has a seat at the top table.
- Take a lead role in driving business growth through development and implementation of a differentiated business and marketing strategy including brand and channel marketing ownership.
- Develop and deploy an integrated global marketing strategy to achieve agreed business objectives focusing on amongst others; brand image and status, target audiences, messages, reputation and customer perception management.
- Establish high level interaction with key stakeholders, customers and dealers within a B2B2C environment in order to articulate the company’s unique value proposition in a variety of cultural contexts.
- Provide leadership to manage the change process to enable the business to become a customer and marketing led organisation.
- To achieve excellence in market awareness, segmentation, product positioning and producing differentiated value propositions to the sales teams.
- Own and lead the communications strategy (including; digital, exhibitions, PR, promotions, POS, campaigns, literature etc) in line with overall corporate guidelines to achieve business results.
- Execute and drive new product launches in line with the launch plan including development of sales stories, value propositions and support to the sales and commercial teams, whilst driving partnerships for corporate sponsorships.
- Gather and collate all market intelligence data covering market trends, research and competitive analysis in order to assess and interpret shifts in attitudes and demand patterns producing the necessary plans and strategies to respond effectively.
- This unique position demands an exceptional individual who enjoys a growth agenda and a highly visible global role whilst also developing their career within this market leading organisation.
- Commercial in nature with the ability to operate in a ‘hands-on’ environment and drive high impact credible marketing strategies on a global footing.
- Ideally you will have significant experience and knowledge of both B2B and B2C marketing, where you will have operated in a progressive and autonomous environment where hiding places simply do not exist.
- As such, you are likely to have multi-channel experience including direct to the end consumer as well as wholesale, dealers and distributors etc.
- You are therefore likely to have experience of working in dynamic brand centric organisations focusing on premium/luxury, high value products i.e. automotive, motorsport, jewellery, ski-ing, travel, luxury aircrafts, cycling/mountain biking, clothing, windsurfing, skateboarding, hospitality etc. where an emotional purchase is at the heart of the decision making process. Alternatively you may also have had significant experience gained within the sporting & lifestyle events industry.
- Intuitive and commercial in equal measure, you will have the stature and gravitas to deliver tangible change and implement forward thinking initiatives to implement change in brand development, behaviour and culture.
Please reply with full CV and current salary details. Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered. Quote reference number 15/287 below.