Marketing Director – Competitive Salary – London, UK
Coty is a world leading beauty company making cosmetic, skincare, fragrances, hair color and styling brands loved by many.
As a challenger, we want to positively disrupt the beauty industry we see today. We believe passionately that the beauty of humanity lies in the individuality of people, and is at its best when authentic. We want a more radically inclusive attitude to beauty, that lets people express their beauty, their way. We exist to celebrate and liberate the diversity of your beauty.
Our strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands. Coty is the global leader in fragrance, number two in professional salon hair colour and styling, and number three in colour cosmetics.
We are looking for an experienced and gifted Marketing Director to oversee the marketing strategy for the entire portfolio of Coty Consumer Brands.
This will see you working with some of the world’s most loved consumer fragrance and cosmetic brands including Bourjois, Rimmel, Max Factor, Clairol and Wella, amongst others.
You will be responsible for driving profit and market share by delivering exceptional brand experiences in the marketplace. This is a truly unique opportunity, helping us reinvent the way we approach beauty.
The key responsibilities of a Marketing Director include:
- Ensuring the effective and successful implementation of marketing and communication plans across the different key channels and trade players in the UK
- Leadership and development is a talented team of 40 marketers.
- Owning and driving all stages of the brands strategic plans in the UK: boosting the brands development through new product launches, brand and communication trade plans which remain coherent with its positioning, as well as being appropriate for the UK market
- Drive the level of commitment, innovation, flexibility, quality and excellence in store executions to ensure the desirability and the longevity of Coty Consumer brands in the UK
- Create and supervise brand per brand marketing plans, ensuring that turnover objectives and profitability of every brand are respected.
- Developing exceptional trade relations with key players in the UK, and developing trust and respect with all types of relevant media to enhance the reputation of Coty Consumer Brands
- Implementing efficient and innovative communication policies (360° scope) which correspond efficiently with brand objectives
The key skills and qualities of a Marketing Director:
- Significant professional experience in Marketing, most recently as a senior Marketing Director or Brand Director role, with exposure to the UK market.
- Extremely passionate about the fashion, fragrance and beauty worlds, translating this passion into communications with all key stakeholders
- Experience of dealing with retail players in beauty; handling of all aspects of brand management; and developing, implementing, and ensuring tangible results for demanding brands and high maintenance retailers.
- Familiar with leading and animating passionate, expert teams.
- Proximity to your teams, ability to put on ‘front line’, both when dealing with daily operational tasks (essential “hands-on” culture) and with more strategic subjects
- Highly energetic and open-minded leader who is committed, persistent, and an effective decision-maker, capable of working in a cooperative manner with the corporate central organization in order to ‘win over’ the brands’ teams in London, Paris or NYC.
- Highly resilient: Persistent and unrelenting in approach, with the ability to champion their ideas and drive them forward to execution.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button. Alternatively contact Ben de Grouchy firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.