Digital Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Head of Digital
Reporting into the Head of Digital, the Digital Marketing Manager will shape and roll out the Goape.co.uk digital marketing strategy. The digital marketing team is tasked to reach/exceed revenue and sales goals under set ROI and other KPI targets. This involves coordinating all digital acquisition activity across Paid Search, SEO, Social Paid, Affiliates and Display, allocating budgets, and working closely with Social and eCRM Manager, the rest of the marketing team and wider teams to maximise efficiency in digital marketing channels. With one direct report (Web and Content Senior Exec), the Digital Marketing Manager will also be responsible for the management, development, optimisation and maintenance of the Go Ape website.
- Set and deliver on annual and quarterly sales and revenue targets across all online acquisition channels, responsible for PPC, SEO, Display, Social Paid and Affiliates ensuring KPI’s such as ROI are also met.
- Develop and roll out Go Ape’s PPC and SEO strategy in line with business trends and requirements, defining activity down to site/region.
- Optimise PPC and SEO activity across PC’s, tablets and mobile, enhancing results by regularly testing and implementing lessons learned.
- Regularly reporting on digital acquisitions activity to demonstrate attribution, results and returns as well as key learnings for continuous improvement in efficiencies of paid marketing spend.
- Define and manage external supplier relationships with performance agency and partners such as Google to enable Search best practice and excellence.
- Define and manage the role of Search alongside Affiliates and Display activity as well as wider marketing and PR to ensure integrated efforts across Go Ape marketing team.
- Launch the new GoApe.co.uk website.
- Effective management of new website producing engaging content that’s on brand and optimising the site’s conversion rate and other KPI’s as well as performance on search (SEO).
- Setting up and regularly reporting on site analytics and KPI’s.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for helping define the overall acquisitions strategy for Go Ape and subsequently implementation. They will drive growth across all the channels to ensure traffic and sales volumes meet Go Ape’s strategic growth priorities. Budget allocation will use forecast models for incremental sales & traffic, and attribution levels across multiple channels to gain efficiencies. The Digital Marketing Manager will ensure that all digital acquisitions activity is integrated in the seasonal planning processes to support key campaigns and outdoor adventure moments. They will also analyse weekly, monthly and quarterly reports: draw insights, identify optimization tactics and adjust strategy.
- Setting weekly tasks and ensuring agency runs to schedule and tasks completed on time
- Keyword generations and campaign optimisation
- Provides insight and suggested optimisation based on analytics, rolling new initiatives out with agency
- Coordinates site and navigation changes
- Coordinates all link building activity - articles, press release, blog o Maintains meta data and keywords and leads content generation, plans and strategy
- Grows and profitably nurtures relationships with top affiliates
- Grows Go Ape’s click and sales active affiliate base by identifying and recruiting new affiliates
- Leads affiliate planning, budgeting and forecasting
Display & Social Paid
- Develop and execute test and learn optimisation strategies for display and social paid activity
- Manages agency for display and social paid activity through ad networks/exchanges, DSP/RTB.
- Oversee social performance campaigns (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter or other platforms).
- Roll out always-on and adhoc campaigns ensure optimisation and ROI of the display and social budget
- Input on budgets using forecast models such as diminished returns and attribution
- Recommending and prioritising new content and web features to maximise customer experience.
- Working with the rest of the marketing team to create appropriate digital content.
- Working alongside the Head of Digital and their Web and Content Senior Exec to lead all website projects, roll outs, and migrations with management of development, production and design agencies.
- Oversee website analytics; monitoring web traffic, performance and capacity to identify, prevent and resolve issues as well as tracking key performance success metrics.
- Completing website audits including SEO analysis and working with the relevant key agency partner to produce clear actionable optimisation plan.
- Managing site content architecture and lead generation techniques.
- Strong understanding of performance driven digital marketing and media planning in an e-commerce setting, ideally with previous experience managing digital marketing for a multichannel retailer, combining both online and offline success criteria.
- In depth knowledge of PPC and keyword strategy and SEO channels as well as good understanding of Display, Affiliate management and Social performance campaigns (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter).
- Experience with setting and managing budgets, using forecast models, and a proven record of demonstrating strong return on investment and campaign attribution.
- Strong understanding of web analytics tracking, tagging best practices and available data relevant for campaign optimization.
- Detailed understanding of the relevant enabling technology, from pixels to data feeds to adserving.
- Exposure to mobile marketing and website management (Kentico CMS).
- Proven experience in managing large projects on time and on budget.
Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to effectively create strong relationships with co-workers across functions and geographies, leverage both internal and external resources, and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills & proven capability to use data to drive business decisions & marketing optimization. Commercial acumen with a lot of common sense.
- Good creative appreciation and copy writing skills with the ability to contribute fresh and innovative ideas.
- A self-motivated, pro-active team player with superior organisational skills.
- Results-focused with a demonstrated track record of making informed decisions quickly.
- A passion for problem-solving and curiosity about how consumers research and make purchase decisions.
- Ability to express facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
- Ability to take direction and effectively lead projects to achieve goals.
- A keen interest in digital marketing and strong knowledge of the latest developments and future trends
- Excellent oral, presentation communications and writing skills with extensive experience in all forms of written communication.
- A good understanding and keen interest in outdoor adventure.
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.
- Keeping the adventure in adventure
- Encouraging 'I can't' to be 'I can'
- Always seeking to be two steps better
- Zero risk equals zero development
- To challenge, surprise and excite
- Build in customer delight
- Be socially and environmentally responsible
- Create worthwhile, rewarding jobs
- Do the right thing
- To be the best Adventure company on the planet - where you can be home in time for tea
- Creating adventures, encouraging everyone to live life adventurously