Global Content Manager
Do you love telling stories through great prose and compelling photos, graphics and video? Are you an expert at all things digital – from social media to web? Do you want to be a part of an industry-leading global digital communications team at one of the world’s biggest healthcare companies? Then we want to hear from you.
GSK is looking for a global content manager to join their friendly, fast-paced , hands-on global digital communications team. Part of the Communications & Government Affairs function, the team is responsible for managing GSK’s global corporate channels, both internal and external, which reach around 1 million people a week.
This position is a very hands-on role, focused on writing, editing and producing great content – both words and visuals – and promoting this content on the right channels to the right audiences. If you’re as happy piecing together a brilliant Instagram story as you are crisping up headlines and making a story shine in 280 characters, then hit ‘apply’.
The person in this role will partner with communications colleagues to plan, co-create, edit and publish brilliant digital content across our channels. We’re working hard to be more audience-focused; to streamline our content; and to improve our reach through content marketing and community management. We hope you’ll feel as ambitious as we do about drawing on data and understanding of audiences to tell the stories that matter.
- Write and edit short- and long-form copy from social media posts to in-depth features; and create visual and moving image content using platforms such as Photoshop and Premier Pro; feedback on and edit visual materials developed by stakeholders
- Partner with global communications colleagues from our Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare businesses to plan, co-create, edit and publish strategically aligned content to our global corporate internal and external channels
- Jointly own GSK’s corporate social media channels, taking overall responsibility for delivering the GSK narrative in the most impactful way through these channels and ensure GSK is a leader in the field; and oversee the quality, consistency and engagement of digital content from designated partners within GSK’s social media channels
- Operate as super user for our social media management platform, Sprinklr; and co-lead workstream for embedding the platform across CGA, with particular focus on empowering markets to deliver optimised digital content experiences to their local audiences through social media
- Lead on appropriate implementation of paid social media activity to strengthen engagement with our content among our existing audiences
- Champion working with influencers and community advocates to improve the reach and impact of GSK’s content
- Work with insights and channels team to measure performance of content and ensure all content is optimised for the channel environment and vice-versa
APPLICATION DEADLINE FRIDAY 29th MARCH 2019 COB
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Significant experience in writing and producing content, including social media posts, video and features, for internal and external audiences through digital channels
- Demonstrable experience in communications or marketing roles
- Sound knowledge of internal and external digital channels and how they can be leveraged to deliver content strategy
- Significant experience in creation of content strategy and executional calendars
- Excellent writing, editing and visual storytelling skills for digital
- Understanding of the power of imagery and video for digital storytelling and working knowledge of the process for creating this kind of content
- Ability to create on- brand and high quality visual content (eg. photography, gifs, graphics) and/ or moving image for use on social media channels with working knowledge of image and video editing software such as Photoshop
- Experience of managing corporate social media channels and presence, including through platforms such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite or Percolate
- Knowledge and experience of applying digital insights to set targets for and constantly improve content and campaigns
- Skilled stakeholder manager, effective at negotiating difficult conversations
- Highly organised with the ability plan and project manage across matrix teams
- Experience of SEO, PPC and working with paid social media, including working knowledge of platforms such as Facebook Business Manager
- Bold, proactive and hands-on attitude
- Experience of working in a large matrix organisation
- Experience of working in healthcare and/or fast-moving consumer goods
- Experience of working with agencies to develop and produce content
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.