Marketing Manager – Competitive Salary (DOE) + Benefits – Cumbria/London
Far & Wild Travel is looking for an ambitious and hands-on Marketing Manager to join our team. You will be taking on a hands-on role which will have a strong digital marketing focus. This is a unique chance to be part of an experienced senior management team developing an innovative business in an exciting part of the travel industry.
We have ambitious plans for growth, and the Marketing Manager will be critical to realising them. Part of the senior management team, the role involves putting your own stamp on the existing marketing plan and then managing delivery of it. Your key focus will be on lead generation and growing our customer base, whilst at the same time intentionally building brand.
The key responsibilities of a Marketing Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Driving and managing marketing activity, key supplier relationship management, the development of new consumer services, and exploring new routes to market
- Taking full responsibility of the business PPC marketing campaigns
- Analysing market, industry and competitor trends to create and execute an effective marketing strategy with a lean towards digital, aiming to exceed budget targets and KPI’s
- Managing relationships with existing media and advertising partners, including identifying new opportunities
- Establishing and defining monthly and annual performance goals for all marketing activity
- Communicating effectively with the other teams in the business
- Representing the company at conferences, trade fairs and networking events based both in the UK and overseas
Far & Wild Travel is a UK based tailor-made tour operator based with offices in London and the Lake District. At present we focus on Africa, the Indian Ocean, India and Sri Lanka, and over time aim to operate worldwide. We have a culture that suits people who are confident to think differently and know how to have fun – all of which contributes to a positive and engaging place to work.
The benefits of being a Marketing Manager are:
- Competitive starting salary which rises depending on experience, and a performance-based annual incentive structure
- Subsidised luxury travel to all our destinations
- Choice of working at our Cumbria or London office, with regular travel within the UK and occasionally to the US and Africa
The key skills and qualities of a Marketing Manager:
- A proven track record of implementing engaging and creative campaigns, incorporating a wide variety of traditional and digital marketing techniques; and proven experience of delivering cost effective PPC campaigns
- Experience delivering customer acquisition, retention and loyalty campaigns (always focused on ROI) from a travel, commercial, agency or consumer-facing background
- Strong commercial acumen and planning capability and the ability to manage multiple projects; comfortable with Excel as well as Photoshop, Canva or Wordpress
- Experience in leading and mentoring teams to deliver projects on time and within budget, as well as the practical skills to set-up and run campaigns (not just “manage” them)
- Relationship skills to identify, create and maintain partnership opportunities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced target orientated environment with a demonstrable track record of achieving growth and exceeding targets
Closing date is 29th March.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.