Senior Brand Manager
Internationally famous food company with annual turnover of +2 billion euros, requires entrepreneurial and driven FMCG SBM to join team.
About Our Client
Our client is a family-owned business that produces both ambient and chilled foods. Their UK office is based in SW London. Hugely successful, with great distribution in FMCG retailers – they have ambitious plans for growth into other categories. Their culture is entrepreneurial and they believe in empowering the individual.
About the Role
The team are looking to recruit an experienced FMCG SBM to develop and execute their ambitious marketing agenda and to create a strategy for further growth. The role is full mix, with where you will be expected to take ownership of marketing campaigns and NPD.
It’s an exciting business to work in - fast-paced, with lots of autonomy and the ability to launch new products at speed. As one of the top subsidiary markets, the UK business also have autonomy on marketing communications.
Whilst reporting into the head of Marketing you will also have regular exposure to the UK Managing Director and will be line managing 1-2 direct reports.
- Support the head of Marketing in developing strategic plans for the brand across all categories with a strong focus on innovation pipeline
- Own key innovation projects, working with both UK and global teams
- Develop compelling stories for the existing portfolio to maintain growth
- Manage and track performance of the core product portfolio using internal and external data, recommending change or optimization where required
- Work with agencies to create and deliver outstanding marketing campaigns, thinking of new and innovative ways to connect with the target consumer
- Support the Commercial Manager at customer meetings to share brand plans.
- Manage the marketing budget, making budget and investment proposals in collaboration with the head of Marketing
- Line management of 1-2 direct reports depending on your experience.
Our client is looking for an ambitious, passionate and motivated person, who will be excited to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial company. This role will suit your if you have worked in an FMCG food or drink business and possibly an SME or start-up business, as you need to be both strategic and hands-on.
- A passionate brand advocate with a natural affinity for food and brands, you need to be happy to work in a very nimble fashion and be prepared to really roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, as well as being able to take a step back and look at the strategic bigger picture.
- You need to be a self-starter and not fazed by complexity or speed – a real multi-tasker and someone who thinks and suggests rather than always asks.
- A superb project manager – who can stick to timelines and budgets.
- A confident communicator who is happy to manage internal and external stakeholders, with great written and verbal skills
- You can conduct meetings and are used to taking ownership for delivery of projects and whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You have strong creative and communication skills
- Experience of managing agencies.
- Analytical, inquisitive and innovative
- Strong commercial acumen, good numerical literacy and understanding of P&Ls
- Knowledge of panel/continuous data and exposure to a wide range of market research techniques used in building brands & innovation
- You have a flair for strategy, and love to plan and sort through problems.
- You will bring enthusiasm, an interesting perspective and lots of ideas on how to propel the brand even further forwards – lots of creative spark, always keeping the consumer in mind.
- Line management experience, an advantage.
If this role sounds just like you, please get in touch.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise daily **