Account Manager – Competitive Salary – London, UK
PLMR is on the hunt for a strong and confident Account Manager to be a central member of the team, providing high quality servicing to all their clients. In this role you will be overseeing the day-to-day management of client accounts and maintaining a positive client relationship, whilst actively developing new business ideas and initiatives alongside the senior management team.
You will manage both junior and senior colleagues to ensure PLMR meet and beat client expectations at every level. You will possess a deep understanding of PLMR’s digital services, explaining to clients why digital communications are vital to their services. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your consulting skills within a multi-award-winning communication firm.
The key responsibilities of an Account Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Driving and implementing programmes of work for clients that executive our strategies
- Developing news angles, stories and pitches to raise awareness of the client’s profile, products and services
- Establishing, building and nurturing strong relationships with clients, key stakeholders and media contacts (including journalists and industry spokespeople)
- Scoping, design and delivery of traditional public affairs, public relations and social media projects to meet key milestones
- Monitoring political developments closely in relevant sectors, considering how this impacts your clients
- Supporting clients with your reputation management skills
- Being involved in pitching for new business and developing various proposals
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff
PLMR (Political Lobbying & Media Relations) is a market-leading and fast-growing communications agency with a dynamic, vibrant team. We work across a range of core sectors, including health, social care, tech, housing, energy and transport to deliver public affairs, public relations and digital programmes that meet the needs of our clients.
The key skills and qualities of an Account Manager:
- A minimum of three years’ consultancy experience with a demonstrable track record of delivering effective work for clients
- Proven policy analysis abilities: able to research and gather information from a range of sources; identify the key issues relevant to the clients; and generate original ideas and solutions into concise, crisp but analytically rich results
- A strong knowledge of current events, political systems and the national and sectoral media
- Client-focused, results-orientated, highly organised, dynamic and focused, with high attention to detail and proven and effective time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, able to communicate effectively with clients and also conceptualise, analyse and write persuasive arguments
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.